Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tool Kits  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
Tool Kits
« on: July 15, 2013, 03:37:12 pm »
I'm off touring Northern Spain on Wednesday 17th July and I'm prepping the bike for the trip.  I've hoping that I do not need to use any tools while I'm away but in case of problems does any one have suggestions / list of tools to should consider taking with me?  The kit supplied with the bike is not very comprehensive and I think I should bring more.   

Thanks

Freeway Phil  :028: 

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Tool Kits
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:48:25 pm »
Have you considered a puncture repair kit, small inflator, first aid kit. Maybe some cable ties always come in handy. Small long nose pliers. (couldnt get some of the fuses out so carry the pliers now) Spare bulps. See excellent comment from Coconut on bulb changing. roll electrical tape.

You could go on till you have the kitchen sink :745:

But these are items I wish you do NOT have to use.

Have a good safe trip.

seadog
seadog

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:05:35 pm »
I take puncture repair (never used luckily) small inflator with guage good enough to get me to garage (after the comments from other on this forum), existing kit with spare fuses both sizes (alright not maxi) (used on my bike and other peoples in the past), bulbs, leatherman, roll of tape, cable ties all under the seat.  First aid kit (and French specific stuff like reflective bibs) in tank bag.

One thing I got this year was a Long wire with lock so I can lock our gear to the bike so we do not have to lug it all around.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »
Speaking from experience I would definitely recommend a puncture repair kit and a small compressor. First aid kit very useful too, reflective bib, a few bulbs, roll of tape, windup torch, some cable ties. You can go mad and end up with no room for any luggage so I just think some common sense items.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Speaking from experience I would definitely recommend a puncture repair kit and a small compressor. First aid kit very useful too, reflective bib, a few bulbs, roll of tape, windup torch, some cable ties. You can go mad and end up with no room for any luggage so I just think some common sense items.

Agreed this would be sufficient for touring for a couple of weeks. This list is exactly what I take Great Minds  :005: :005:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 12:23:01 am »
Cruz makes a roll up tool kit they market for BMW. It's takes up little space and has most tools you will need. M/C  Jumper cables can come in very handy. I had to use mine recently to help out another rider. Some metal epoxy putty.  Super glue also makes a quick and effective wound closure. 
Tom Brennan

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 01:31:00 am »
Lots of good advice.
Don't forget a 'toolkit' for you, in addition to the EU required 1st aid kit I always carry: Imodium instants, brufen, paracetamol, antiseptic wipes, insect bite/sting cream, hay fever tabs (if you suffer), boots spray skin brilliant for grazes, lemsip. Take all the tabs out of the packets (not the wrapping though) and these will take up very little room and will sort most ailments.
Safe trip.

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 03:13:39 am »
vise grips and duct tape.

tweedy-bunch