Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: My first tour on the bike done!  (Read 2553 times)

Offline uberchuckie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ottawa
My first tour on the bike done!
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »
I haven't had a chance to tour on the new bike until this past weekend.  Did about 1100km over the two days and had a great time.  Here some of my thoughts...

I'm still amazed at how well this bike handles.  The high and wide bars gives you plenty of leverage to throw the bike into a corner.  The stock tires grips very well.  I never had any slipping of any kind and the traction control never came on despite grabbing a handful of throttle out of corners.  You only start feeling the weight when it gets really tight and I realize this is no 600RR.  :008:  My buddy was riding his '12 Multistrada and I had no problems keeping up.  I did drag my peg once then thought it's best to slow down and not push my luck.

The range is around 400km for a tank (filled up with 5.6 US gallons) that included some fun around the twisties.  If it's just cruising on the highway, I should get at least 500km.

Trophy Range by uberchuckie, on Flickr

It was really hot on both days.  I had the shield down to the lowest position for most parts.  With the shield up higher, it's quieter but it got hot fast.  The back pressure and slight buffeting was noticeable.  Perhaps it's time to look into an aftermarket windshield.

The broad torque range is nice.  In the twisties, I would just leave it in 4th and had plenty of torque out of the corners.  Passing cars even in 6th isn't a problem.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2000 Honda CBR600F4 (track bike)

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: My first tour on the bike done!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 05:48:55 PM »
Sounds like you had some fun !

Roger

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »
very neat picture you posted  :047:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by uberchuckie [+]
I haven't had a chance to tour on the new bike until this past weekend.  Did about 1100km over the two days and had a great time.  Here some of my thoughts...

I'm still amazed at how well this bike handles.  The high and wide bars gives you plenty of leverage to throw the bike into a corner.  The stock tires grips very well.  I never had any slipping of any kind and the traction control never came on despite grabbing a handful of throttle out of corners.  You only start feeling the weight when it gets really tight and I realize this is no 600RR.  :008:  My buddy was riding his '12 Multistrada and I had no problems keeping up.  I did drag my peg once then thought it's best to slow down and not push my luck.

The range is around 400km for a tank (filled up with 5.6 US gallons) that included some fun around the twisties.  If it's just cruising on the highway, I should get at least 500km.

Trophy Range by uberchuckie, on Flickr

It was really hot on both days.  I had the shield down to the lowest position for most parts.  With the shield up higher, it's quieter but it got hot fast.  The back pressure and slight buffeting was noticeable.  Perhaps it's time to look into an aftermarket windshield.

The broad torque range is nice.  In the twisties, I would just leave it in 4th and had plenty of torque out of the corners.  Passing cars even in 6th isn't a problem.

Dude Look at the CalSci screen it has a vent in the front to counteract the lack of pressure at the rear of the screen. Talking to a buddy of mine at the weekend who had invested in the Triumph touring screen and reported NO noticeable difference.
At virtually same cost you don't want to be investing twice  :087: :087:
This will be my next purchase for my steed  :028: :028: :028:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »
Hey uberchuckie .....

I can almost hear you singing along to those Glaswegian Rockers too ...
"Der duh duh, Der duh duh, Der duh duh, duh duh, duh duh ........"  :038:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:42:34 AM by Coconut »

Offline uberchuckie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 01:23:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]
Dude Look at the CalSci screen it has a vent in the front to counteract the lack of pressure at the rear of the screen. Talking to a buddy of mine at the weekend who had invested in the Triumph touring screen and reported NO noticeable difference.
At virtually same cost you don't want to be investing twice  :087: :087:
This will be my next purchase for my steed  :028: :028: :028:

Chaos

I'm definitely looking to get a CalSci screen.  Now I just need to figure out if I want a medium or small.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Honda CBR600RR

Offline uberchuckie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hey uberchuckie .....

I can almost hear you singing along to those Galswegian Rockers too ...
"Der duh duh, Der duh duh, Der duh duh, duh duh, duh duh ........"  :038:

It's a catchy tune for sure!  I didn't know they were from Glasgow.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Honda CBR600RR