Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Test Ride in a Few Hours  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Test Ride in a Few Hours
« on: July 16, 2013, 06:53:13 AM »
Finished work a little after 11pm. Went home and grabbed my new C3Pro (I actually won $500 from a Christmas raffle at my dealership and used that as a nice down payment for the helmet.) and installed the SRC system, in preparation for my test ride of the Trophy. I have owned 11 motorcycles since 1985 and every time I get ready to buy another one its like the night before Christmas. I'm 49 and cant help it. Here I sit typing this message at 1:48am and I need to be up at 5am to finish some tasks so that I can be at the dealership at 9am. I plan on a lengthy test ride and then be at work by noon.
I am going to attempt to sleep.
Goodnight and I will report on the test ride tomorrow night.
Scott

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Test Ride in a Few Hours
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:34:12 AM »
That seems a perfectly normal, adult motorcyclist response to trying out new hardware as far as I am concerned. Have a great test ride, I am sure you will LOVE it!

:047: :047: :047:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »
Agree with Crobiker we are all kids at heart :008:

Enjoy your test ride then get the cheque book out and do the right thing. :047:

Then dream on until you pick it up.

seadog
seadog

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »
Have fun Amboguzzi Im sure you will

Have your deposit ready

Roger

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »
 :017: Of course you're like a kid the night before Christmas.  It's a new bike man, be excited !! Bring your checkbook.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »
You sure will have fun, just depends on what bikes you are coming from and what you want.  I have had 2 x  2 hour test rides, have put a deposit down, and may have to make up excuses for more test rides until the bike arrives.

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:46:48 AM »
Impressive. I truly enjoyed my test ride. Considering, that I am coming off a Rocket III, I was surprised by the wide torque band and its responsiveness. Truthfully, I almost killed myself by not realizing how fast I was going and then applied enough steering input to effectively do 360's. It changed direction so quickly, I had to constantly remind myself that all I had to do is think left and bam it happened. I did feel a little disconnected from the front end and I'm sure that relationship will blossom over time.
 I agree with most everyone that it is smooth. I am very susceptible to numbness associated with vibration. I did not experience any numbness during the hour+ test drive.
I will have to get use to the upright seating position and my legs underneath me. It is equipped with the heated low seat and at its lowest setting, I am a little more, than on my toes/ball of foot. This will also take some getting used to but again just another area that becomes more comfortable over time. I will be looking for suggestions on riding boots with a taller sole/heel.
I was able to feel the difference between the TES settings and was impressed, in that It actually made a difference.
Right or wrong I did not spend any time fooling with the audio system because that is just icing on the cake.
Last thing that was good/bad was the windscreen/fairing. It was near 100 degrees today and muggy and the fairing is so efficient that it is a warm ride, even with the screen in its lowest position. But, this will be beneficial in the winter.
I just keep thinking about how much range this motorcycle has and its ability to get my signature on the dotted line.
She spoke to me and least I can do is take her home and give her a good home.
Is it Friday yet?
Scott 

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:25:37 AM »
Hi Scott.... seems like Trophy made a lasting first impression on you too! Glad you enjoyed the ride and found many of the finer points of this machine! Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧