Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Can anyone compare Trophy's ride characterists to a Yamaha FJR's?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
Re: Can anyone compare Trophy's ride characterists to a Yamaha FJR's?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 12:31:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by atrophy [+]
Compared to my previous BMW RT1200, the Trophy is easier to remove the fairings.    BMW owners of the newer bikes complain of tabs breaking off the fairing on removal.

Yeah, but on the R1200RT, the heads are out in the wind so you don't even need to remove any plastic to get to the valve covers, do you?

And I agree, I'd rather have bolts for the fairings than the puzzle of tabs and slots I have on my metric bike, which doesn't even have that much plastic, but almost needs a degree in engineering to figure out how to get the side cowls and lower cowl back together. And taking it apart, I always feel like I'm going to break it.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100
2008 Honda CBR1000RR (for sale)

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
Re: Can anyone compare Trophy's ride characterists to a Yamaha FJR's?
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 02:31:35 AM »
For me, it was simple - Hands-down, Trophy wins every time. In looks, in comfort (I found the FJR to be very uncomfortable with the stock seat) in range, etc.

The only areas where the FJR kinda matches up is in suspension and it does perform very well. But I feel like others in thatI feel the FJR is far more sport than tour. I like the feature set of the FJR as well, and I think it matches up favorably with the Trophy. But there was just too much on the Trophy's side for me, and that is why I bought the Trophy.
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

tweedy-bunch