Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Oddest thing happened with the XM  (Read 401 times)

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
Oddest thing happened with the XM
« on: August 05, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »
Stop for a bit, hop back on bike and no sound.  :435: But only for XM. Switch to fm or anything else, I've got sound. The dispaly registers normally, shows station, song, etc and changes song titles and channels which indicates to me a fully normal signal is reaching the dash, just no music through the speakers. Hoping a restart solves it. Currently eating some street tacos and sipping an IPA, so soon I will check.
Year round rider here!

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Oddest thing happened with the XM
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 12:36:26 AM »
Odd.  All fixed.  Not sure what happened but letting it sit and re-starting and it's as if it never happened. Ok.
Year round rider here!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 01:03:01 AM »
Satellite radio has (I think) a 7 second delay, so it's possible if it was parked where it was unable to get a signal and then moved to an open area there could be a few seconds before it will come up.  The electronics involved allow for you to ride under an overpass and not have the signal interrupted, but more than a few seconds and you will notice it.  Glad it's back to normal in any case. :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:12:55 AM »
Thanks, but, I was on the interstate with what should have been a clear signal.  No trees or other visible interference.

I get a blank second or two under an overpass.

Year round rider here!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 01:26:49 AM »
Something wrong there.  Mine doesn't ever do that.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline ladisney

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 17 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Pleasant Hill, Iowa
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 04:16:10 AM »
Lots of reasons it may have happened.  Signal blockage by weather or obstruction, signal interference by some electronic emitter near you, the channel may have simply had dead air for a time or unexplained gremlins  in the system that required you to cycle the power.  Unless it happens a lot I'd go for the dead air explanation.  I keep 60's on 6 on my store radios and have had them just go silent several times over the years. It's like the DJ goes to the bathroom and takes longer than planned. On the other hand it could be like my PC computers that occasionally need to be restarted just to chase all the gremlins out.

tweedy-bunch