Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Maxxis tyres  (Read 1260 times)

Online earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Maxxis tyres
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveD [+]
As promised, back from Scotland on maxis which just happened to coincide with the storm, very wet and windy for a day. In all honesty no problems at all, the bike behaved exactly as expected with no slips or slides. I had Pirelli before these and they are an improvement on those. When I got back I was running a one day rider development day with a client on a ZZR1400. Now normally I use my Hayabusa for these but thought I would use the trophy with the maxxis on as it was a fine dry day and I could explore the progressive side!!!. They were very good at any lean angle and at ‘progressive’ pace. In all honesty I couldn’t fault them in any weather. Time may show differently but so far so good. These tyres were developed by Chris Walker on road and track and it shows.

Thanks for the feedback, they certainly sound like a good option to keep in mind.

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
Re: Maxxis tyres
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:01 PM »
Maxxis is a brand of the Cheng Shin Rubber company, based in China. They've been around for about 50 years, and had nearly $4 billion in sales last year (I Googled). They had a reputation for making super cheap tires in the 70's and 80's, but that was them filling a market niche; it wasn't that tey don't know how to build other tires. I've had excellent results with Maxxis off road tires, and I wouldn't put anything but Maxxis trailer tires on my RV. They aren't marketing them here any more, but I've got some track miles on Mazzis road racing slicks, and while they weren't my preference for feel, I had no problems or complaints.

If they came to the US with a S/T tire I'd try them with no hesitation.