Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated Grips On = Sticky Throttle  (Read 592 times)

Offline plgoddard

• Trophy Pro
  • IBA #61353
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Detroit
Heated Grips On = Sticky Throttle
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced a sticky throttle when the heated grips are on. At nearly 34k miles, I've not experienced any issues with the throttle or grips, but yesterday while on a chilly 4-hr ride, the throttle got quite sticky. After experimenting, I believe the throttle gets sticky only when the grips are hot from using the heated grips.

Thoughts?

Offline BigPoppa

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Antioch
Re: Heated Grips On = Sticky Throttle
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:56:23 AM »
I had the exact same issue when my bike was new. I donít know exactly what the dealer did other than they adjusted the grip. Iím guessing the loosened it in some way so that when the heating element got hot and expanded it didnít grab the handle anymore.

Iíll ask them next time I swing by there unless someone else answers with a more specific answer.

Offline Pits

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophyse
  • City / Town: Gardiner
Re: Heated Grips On = Sticky Throttle
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 01:40:40 AM »
I am wondering what the exact fix was for the sticky throttle. I did not know if it was my imagination, but I too am experiencing a much different throttle feel every once in a while. I did not know what might be causing it, but after reading your thread, I think that you are right about the heated grips. I would like to find out what the fix is.

tweedy-bunch