Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Resale value  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Jings

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Norfolk
Re: Resale value
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 07:56:14 AM »
Wow, TrickyWoo, that's a nightmare story.

Guess I've been lucky with mine, it's been faultless really. Just minor niggles - like the TMPS red warning light coming on every 10 minutes saying "low pressure rear" when the TPMS showed it was 43psi.

Cruise control not working at the moment but I suspect that's just dirt in the contacts, I rarely use cruise anyway.

No mechanical issues though - sounds like you got a real duff one, maybe the previous owner thrashed it?

Offline TrickyWoo56

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, K1300S
  • City / Town: Brighton
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 08:53:08 AM »
The previous owner was a wealthy, elderly judge so I doubt he thrashed it. (He may have paid for himself to be thoroughly thrashed but that's the English judiciary for you).

The real shame is that it's hands down the perfect bike for me. I'm off to Slovakia and Hungary next summer and it will be great for that - I wanted an RT but after many issues with various Bring My Wallets that was off the table.

Once I've had enough of the Trophy I'll get (deep breath) a Pan. There. I've said it. Reliability is all because I bike year round.

Damn shame.

Offline simbad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Cardiff
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 06:47:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by TrickyWoo56 [+]

The other work required I’ve had done by a T. expert in Wales eg fork seals at £160 all in fitted, main dealer wanted £500.

Just wondering who the T.expert is in Wales - would that be Baz? Be useful to know a recommendation.