Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: I'm scared  (Read 9497 times)

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Several
I'm scared
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »
Here's the thing, my BMW in its 2 years hasn't been so reliable and the Trophy looked like everything I wanted in a replacement, however I've seen so many issues reported that, I'm not willing to throw 22000 Euros at another potential lemon. Would you guys advise me to wait another year or so until Triumph irons out all the snags

Thanks for your advice
My current babies:-
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
Re: I'm scared
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »
Hello MsBeemer,

I can only talk for myself but even with some of the snags that have happened to me and I know other owners have had problems ..... I still love her  :020:   
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »
My fuel tank is being replaced today, although it does not leak. The letter Y is Trophy on the right side is loose and they are replacing it. I have over 2000 miles on her now, one ride was 617 miles in 11 hours. I am confident in this bike. My K1200LT left me stranded twice.

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »
Don't wait. You will miss too much enjoyment. Are there really a lot of problems? How many people actually had a fuel tank problem? Wind screen problems, etc? How many people commented on them? Yes there are long threads, but its the same people commenting on their problem, giving multiple replies about that same subject making the posts look really long and prolific. The actual number of problem bikes is probably small, its just multiplied by forum volume. Talking about things that are wrong keeps any forum alive. People concentrate on the negative more often then not. When we all report how perfect things are, it gets boring. We talk bout our problems over and over as we relate to others. In my own opinion, failures that have consistency is actually a sign of high quality manufacturing. The process begins with design, the manufacturing is precise and repeated, so the failure is repeated. Easily remedied. Change the process. Random failures of all different types, says to me poor control, and poor process. Not so easy to fix.

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:30:52 PM »
If you rely on every negative post on any forum be it bike , car, holiday location you would never  move out of the house.

Go the Dealer have a good test ride of a few hours and make Your Own mind up. Then join the forum and tell everyone what a good move you made and enjoy your new bike.

Lifes too short to procrastinate all the time.

:002: :002:

seadog
seadog

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »
I'm at work with mine now and it's sitting in the sun waiting for me, 6800 miles problem free riding. UK, France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands. Don't read too much into the few issues that have been discovered they are all being or have been rectified by Triumph. I am totally happy with mine. Test ride it but take your cheque book as I'm sure you will buy it.  :152: :152:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »
Every bike manufacturer has issues at some point.  Don't let fear prevent you from enjoying a Trophy.
Mine's only had the fuel tank replaced as a precaution.  No other issues in 3900 miles.  If issues do come up, they'll be dealt with.  Triumph have a good history in dealing with issues. 

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 05:26:32 PM »
Totally second the comments by crazy man and the rest!

Don't be put off from a Trophy just because of some teething problems that some bikes are having. The vast majority are problem free and even those of us who have had any problems (fork seals here) still absolutely LOVE this bike and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to you.

All new hardware has problems. The test is how the dealership network and manufacturer respond and generally all appear to be responding correctly I.e. resolving any issues without quibble.

"If you put off till tomorrow , what you could do today for fear of what might be you will always live in wonder of what could have been!"

A great man once said that, me!
LOL  :008:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch