Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dash cams on Trophy's  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TT 1200SE
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Re: Dash cams on Trophy's
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 08:02:50 PM »

Nice neat job with a £60 dvr system.
2013 TT se in Dark Blue

Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Altrincham, Cheshire
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 11:45:41 AM »
Mongoose,
Smashing video, plenty of info on fitting cameras ect,  and it gave me a laugh.   :008:

Quick question, what is the name of the kit you have fitted to your Trophy, and are they available on Amazon/e-bay.

Thanks.

Offline Mongoose

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TT 1200SE
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 12:03:37 PM »
I haven't as yet mate, I just thought the video might help!
2013 TT se in Dark Blue

Offline BTB

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Caerphilly
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
Hi, the video posted above is very accurate.  I bought the TTSE off him some months ago and the cameras work great. Fantastic quality and you can watch the front and rear cameras in either split or single screen. Sound quality is not so great but I think this is reflective if the price of the equipment. The fact that it is hard wired and stored out of the way makes it great. Also it’s stored securely in the glove box. Nice bit of kit

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 03:37:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by barbarossa [+]
As I never use the radio, only music from usb, I turned out the antenna and screwed in a fitting little bolt and two nuts. Out of a piece of lexan I made a small base that I could screw on the bolt in the antenna. Upon this you can glue one of the adapters of the camera (Go Pro in my case). The images are perfect, the camera sees what the driver can see.

Ding, ding, ding.  Perfect solution for me.  I also never use the radio and that would be a perfect spot.  Out to look for/purchase some m5-0.8 hardware.  Thanks.

Offline EDDIE

• Trophy Junior
  • Eddie "Ace Ventura" BoaventurA
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TRIUMPH TROPHY 1200
  • City / Town: DURBAN
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
Hi, I use my TTSE for private and work here in South Africa. That is to say I am in the traffic police (un-marked unit) and I have mounted a Go-Pro fitted on the  fitting designed for the GPS and it is wired to my USB connector in the glove compartment. I am using the oldest go-pro or at least the first go-pro that came onto the market. If not that I use a cheap 4K dashcam that one buys from ebay for very cheap. I get very good video clips from both devices and I use it for evidence purposes for traffic violations recorded. Both sound and video quality are as good if not better than many of these high priced gadgets. On my long trips through South Africa and surrounding countries I then get good holiday trip videos.

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »
I have the Innovv K2 system mounted and it performs flawlessly.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »
Garmin VIRB is the best I have used or seen by far. Not cheap but the ability to operate from the Zumo, the resolution, and the G-Metrics that are captured and available to overlay the video is outstanding. Garmin also provides their PC VIRB EDIT and smartphone app are free and work very well.

I tried the Cobra dashcam and a sony minicam that worked fair but had no 'remote' abilities and video quality didn't match the VIRB.

If you're not in a hurry, the VIRB can be found refurbished by Garmin for 1/2 price occasionally.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:46:21 PM by Ray_B »
Ray