Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Windshield retraction  (Read 1645 times)

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
Windshield retraction
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »
Has any electrical experts looked at stopping the windshield from retracting my bike is obviously still under warranty but I will try to stop it from lowering each time the ignition is turned off. As far as I can see its unessacary and will just wear everything out. You would need the switches for max and min position maybe it would just be a question of disconnecting a wire from the computer.?

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Windshield retraction
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:36:57 pm »
Hi Dude

Check with the dealer tech's before disconnecting any thing  :182: . The electronics on this bike are flighty at best  :087: :087: You could end up with more problems than you barging for  :157: :157:

There is a setting that the techs can use but this is when the bike is connected to the diagnostics lap top.
I just make sure that the pins in the exposed hinges are lubricated and there should be no problems with premature waring  :084: :084:

Just my opinion  but during development I would imagine they will have put  it through rigorous testing and there is a very comprehensive warranty I wouldn't worry at all.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:17 pm »
I would agree.... you never know what sensors and conditions may be triggered by just disconnecting a wire.

If you are concerned about wear then have the screen at its lowest setting and then it won't motor into position every time you start.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 11:29:02 am »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
I would agree.... you never know what sensors and conditions may be triggered by just disconnecting a wire.

If you are concerned about wear then have the screen at its lowest setting and then it won't motor into position every time you start.

That is exactly what I am doing in the heatwave.  :046:
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison