Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: HOW TO : Replace headlamp bulb, & front Position / Parking bulbs.  (Read 20593 times)

Offline rvbobby

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Raleigh nc
Re: HOW TO : Replace headlamp bulb, & front Position / Parking bulbs.
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2018, 03:47:38 AM »
Thank goodness for my wife's small hands. Only took an hour to get both bulbs installed.Hopefully i am good for a another 4 yrs.

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »
After 5 1/2 years I've been forced to replace a headlight bulb. I must say it was way easier than replacing headlight bulbs on my 2007 Sprint ST - I had to completely remove the instrument binnacle, quite few expletives, and eventually replacing all three bulbs.

For the Trophy after Coconuts 🌴  🌴  advice I chose to work from the top through the glove box and battery cover removal. After  taking photos of each light housing, donned the surgical gloves and began the operation. I also removed the lower plates containing the ambient temperature sensor and the one under the lower steering  triple clamp? All up both bulbs replaced in 25 minutes. Even replaced the centre running light with a brighter blue bulb.

Thank you for all the advice  :028: :028: :028:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 02:56:17 AM by Travelling2bob »
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Online Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Pro
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisconsin N. Woods
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2018, 02:00:07 PM »
A week ago I disassembled my Trophy per Coconut ‘s excellent instructions in anticipation of adding a number of accessories, including Cyclops LED H4 headlight bulbs. After two minutes of fighting to get the RH bulb out, and the bloody paw that resulted, I decided to remove the instrument panel as well. After all, what is a few more fasteners with everything else already in pieces? After removing the four bolts behind the windscreen, and two more bolts behind the mirror, I discovered two last scrivets which unfortunately had stripped center screws from the Factory. Being plastic, I just pried them off. The instrument panel could now be pulled back far enough to easily access both bulbs and their without having to disconnect any wiring. Total time to remove the instrument panel was less than ten minutes. And no more blood! I replaced the broken scrivets with nylon bolts, washers and nuts purchased at the local hardware store, so access will be even easier if ever required again. And, for those of you that have voiced concerns over why someone would bother to convert to LED Headlights, I will explain. First, I absolutely agree that the LEDs do not provide a better light pattern than the OEM bulbs. With that said, I can absolutely say that the LED bulbs provide better visibility to oncoming traffic. No comparison. Also, after replacing the OEM  halogen bulb on my R1200GS on an annual basis, I decided to see if I could get more life out of an LED bulb. I never replaced another over the next few years before I sold that bike. An important note hear is that these days 95% of my riding is done during daylight hours, given my apparent propensity for finding flying deer... Sorry for the long-winded post!  :431:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 02:04:25 PM by Saddle Tramp »

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2018, 12:05:53 AM »
Saddle Tramp, no need to apologise. I'd be fitting a set of Clearwater Erica driving lights to underneath the mirrors. Explanation and the all important pictures are elsewhere. These would light up your night sky for you. You may not like riding at night, but these would certainly give you much needed breathing space up front. We have a similar night problem with kangaroos and wombats here in Australia. I, like a number of my fellow FarRide/IBA friends down under have fitted truck reversing beepers to the front. I turn mine on as soon as the day turns dark. We have found that these work best between 80-95 kilometres per hour. Hope your riding remains deer free. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

tweedy-bunch