Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Twisted Trophy GTG Ride  (Read 4236 times)

• Offline 2slowTrophy   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1311
    • Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Dallas TX
    Twisted Trophy GTG Ride
    on: Oct 22, 2018, 08.55 pm
    Oct 22, 2018, 08.55 pm
    If anyone has seen the U.S. weather report,, you know that from the Hurricane to the flooding in the southern U.S. its been a mess.

The rain in Texas made us change our plans.

Our mmlanes came up with another route.

Day one we would meet at Roswell NM the home to the original ET.

Day two we would ride to Los Alamos NM to meet with our New Member hovieone eat lunch and go on to Taos NM.

Day three we would ride to Lubbock TX the home to Buddy Holly.

Our Group consisted of trophied, mmlanes and me 2slow.

I left around 6:30am from the Dallas TX area with rain for around 150 miles, that part was not the bad part, it was all the cars that wanted to run into each other and block the roadway.

About Abilene TX the rain had quit and I was able to ride my normal pace  :149:
    I had a call from trophied but had not turned my headset on so I could escape work!!!

I stopped and called back my first words to trophied were "Hello how are you" a young woman thought I was talking to her, and after the call we talked.

I was in Post TX "Never heard of it" was what trophied response was.
    trophied had road from the New Braunfels area,,, Don't worry if you have never heard of it most haven't to meet with Mr. mmlanes.

They wanted me to know that they had made it out of the rain safely.

As I was only a few hours ahead of them I slowed down,, OK just a little :164:.

When I got to Roswell I renewed my Official UFO License "My Alien ID Card"  :171:.

Then I went to clean the Trophy as it had serviced me through the rain it was my turn to service it, you would never put your horse up without making sure it was taken care of , it would bother my other Twisted Trophy riders the rest of the trip. :152:.

After a great meal of Mexican food the two older guys turned in for the night, they had a live band and it was Friday Night, OK,, OK the Married Guys turned in for the night.

We left Roswell NM and headed for  Los Alamos NM to meet with our New Member hovieone.
    The Ride was on VERY LONG STRAIGHT ROAD !!!!

This is were we had our first Group Mishap.

As I have 2 GPS's and my phone to go by I was leading with trophied and mmlanes following as we were going my normal riding speed trophied pressurized hydration pack hose came loose and EXPLODED WITH GATORADE everywhere !!!  :005:

As mmlanes was a safe distance back he was safe from the Explosion but trophied was caught by the Blunt Force of it. :745:
    The Gatorade was all over trophied and what's more it was all over his Trophy the Poor Bike.

We did stop to help trophied clean off his Trophy and rode on.

After the shorter ride time due the our throttle's sticking we rode in to our lunch meeting with our soon to be member of the Twisted Trophy's "hovieone"

hovieone was there and waiting on us  :047:
    He was ready for what was instore as we have rigorous indoctrination Into the Twisted Trophy's,,,,, with fork in hand we ate LUNCH !!!! and we have another member.

We did teach him the secret handshake.

After Lunch we had two ways to get to Taos NM mmlanes took the fun route and I and trophied took the easy route.

After we got to Taos NM The Hotel we stayed in was from 1935 or trophied's room was mmlanes and my rooms were in the newer part a nice place.

Sagebrush Inn.   

Last Edit: Oct 22, 2018, 08.57 pm by 2slowTrophy
    IBA # 59602
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

• Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Re: Twisted Trophy GTG Ride
    Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2018, 09.01 pm
    Oct 22, 2018, 09.01 pm
    I'm going to have to let trophied, mmlanes and hovieone tell perspective of this as I was always in front with the Sliver Trophy and the blue ones were in back,,,, WHAT??? I know it's just the thing.
    Last Edit: Oct 22, 2018, 09.20 pm by 2slowTrophy
    IBA # 59602

• Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2018, 10.55 pm
    Oct 22, 2018, 10.55 pm
    I rode right at 1500 miles
    IBA # 59602

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4776

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2018, 02.08 am
    Oct 23, 2018, 02.08 am
    1532 miles for me, according to the Trophy menu, 25 hours 34 minutes of driving time.  The only reason the silver one stayed in front was due to the limited visibility for the blue ones due the the Gatoradeout conditions.  No worry, the luggage all got a quick shower courtesy of the Sagebrush Hobbit Room (my temporary abode -picture on request) facilities and all was well, that is except for the nearly 300 miles of HEAVY rain the first part of my trip.  A little single malt, a little pizza, a long hot shower, shave, and it is good to be home.  Great fun and looking forward to another one!  Thanks to mmlanes and 2slow for a great ride.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro  ‐    127

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
    Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06.43 pm
    Oct 24, 2018, 06.43 pm
    1250-ish miles total for me.  Great ride!

Things I learned:

1.  Keeping enough distance from a triple-digit speed Gatorade eruption (courtesy of trophied) is a good thing.  :005:

2. Riding behind 2slow (maybe needs to change his name to "not slow enough"?  :745:) on a long empty road at supersonic speeds for extended periods of time will not actually cause your cells to explode or cause you travel back in time.  Bike rode very smoothly.

3. To avoid a TES protest, I need to adjust the preload BEFORE i load all my extra luggage onto the bike.

4.  As a new Lithium Ion battery owner, I NEED to let it wake up before trying to start it in 33 degree (f) Taos NM morning weather.

5. New Mexico Mexican food and Tex-Mex (Texas style) Mexican food are DEFINITELY different.

6.  Twisted Trophies rides are cool!

Twisted Trophies Charter Member

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4776

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2018, 10.30 pm
    Oct 24, 2018, 10.30 pm
    That's Trophied with a capital "T" to you buddy.  :002:  Re-engineering is under way for the next time.  The new model should be able to spray your favorite flavor with one single input to effect Gatoradeout syndrome any time it is required.  Maybe we could get 2slow to follow so we could observe his car wash technique.  :745:  The New Mexico Mex food was actually quite good, definitely different, but quite good as far as I was concerned.
    Last Edit: Oct 24, 2018, 10.32 pm by trophied
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2018, 02.37 pm
    Oct 25, 2018, 02.37 pm
    I just wanted to get by the Del Fuegos Bar hangout Before they saw us!
    Thatís why we were riding a little over the limit for a few minutes.
    Did you see how The telephone poles looks like a picket fence?
    IBA # 59602

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4776

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2018, 09.20 pm
    Oct 25, 2018, 09.20 pm
    I noticed they needed painting. :153: