Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Rider/Pillion talky talky  (Read 560 times)

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
Re: Rider/Pillion talky talky
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 06:32:31 PM »
I've just bought PACKTALK which I'm find pretty good.   I am profoundly deaf and have to wear hearing aids under my helmet.  The PACKTALK is loud enough in fact a bit too loud, to hear the misses and my sat nav, which cuts out if either one of us begin to talk.    It also has the facility to talk to eight other riders but I've not tried that yet as it is coming to the end of the season and my mates are all going into hibernation.  Whimps.

Its not that easy to set up, I got my son to do it for me (I'm a technophobe apparently).  fitting the earphones and mike inside the helmet was a piece of cake.   So far I'm very pleased, I don't know if I will ever use the facility to talk to other riders? 

I'm looking at the manual but can't see the model number anywhere.  Guess you'll have to google it and decide which is best for you.  Good luck.

Phil   

Offline Lannis

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Appomattox, Virginia
Re: Rider/Pillion talky talky
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 01:50:50 AM »
We just got back from a month-long trip on the Trophy; we'd installed a pair of Sena 10 units before we left.

It was really nice to be able to talk to each other, especially since we were using maps (no GPS or phone) and sometimes I needed a few directions from the paper maps!

Sena 10 worked great.   A charge would carry you all day, they'd charge up in about 45 minutes in the motel at night ....

Lannis

tweedy-bunch