Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: GPS mount  (Read 3753 times)

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Several
GPS mount
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:59:03 am »
Hi
I just ordered my new TT SE with the Triumph GS mount. Now I'm wondering if it will fit my Zumo 550.
Does anyone know if it will or not, otherwise I'll have to cancel the GPS Mount.

Thanks a lot and appologies if this has been asked before
My current babies:-
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: GPS mount
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »
I believe it can be fitted but I think you have to just use two of the fixings. There is loads of information on this forum about it and I seem to remember it definitely can be done although the mount is actually designed for the 660.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:45:38 pm »
Thanks. I'll drop the mounting thing off at the dealer and they can figure it out.
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:32:33 pm »
Although designed for the 660 I have seen TTSE's using the Triumph bracket with both the 550 and TomTom rider

I think it requires a minor adaption to the plate with the holes for the bolts.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:57:21 pm »
Hi MsBeemer!

My Zumo 500 bolted on to the Triumph satnav bracket with no problem. However it was too low and obscured the digital display on the Trophy.
Eventually I had to make a bracket to raise the Zumo so that I could see all of the display. Obviously this problem will be different for riders with different shaped bodies!!

More info  and pictures at:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,388.0.html

:158:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 05:25:57 pm »
*Originally Posted by MsBeemer [+]
Hi
I just ordered my new TT SE with the Triumph GS mount. Now I'm wondering if it will fit my Zumo 550.
Does anyone know if it will or not, otherwise I'll have to cancel the GPS Mount.

Thanks a lot and appologies if this has been asked before

Dude

Use the bottom two holes in the sat nav mount and the top two holes in the bracket. I know its only held in place with two fasteners but its enough to hold it securely. This will also allow full vision of the dash centre. Also when installing the wire through the bracket take the wire directly to the right or left over the top of the binnacle. If draped  over the back it may pick up interference from the dash unit. As I learnt to my own cost  :087: :087:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56:29 pm »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]
Dude

Use the bottom two holes in the sat nav mount and the top two holes in the bracket. I know its only held in place with two fasteners but its enough to hold it securely. This will also allow full vision of the dash centre. Also when installing the wire through the bracket take the wire directly to the right or left over the top of the binnacle. If draped  over the back it may pick up interference from the dash unit. As I learnt to my own cost  :087: :087:

Chaos
What he said, and 2x on the wire routing.  I too had the dash interference and had to re-run the wire.

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 11:39:53 am »
picked up my bike this morning and with the low seat, I can see most of the LCD display. The only thing which is obscured in the Time and Gear position indicator, everything else is visible. I'll take some pictues to show how its been mounted. The dealer made a nice neat job of the connection.
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

tweedy-bunch