Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Sump bolt washer  (Read 4593 times)

• Offline Wilko   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    622
    • Topic Author

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
    • City / Town: Rowley Regis
    Sump bolt washer
    on: Nov 09, 2018, 09.52 pm
    Nov 09, 2018, 09.52 pm
     :183:
    Just a small thing I know, but where can I get a replacement washer from for the sump plug, World Of Triumph want 15.80 for a multi pack  :172:......what size are they, I was thinking of a motor factors or the like, I'm planning on an oil change over the winter, I have an original Triumph filter and Castrol oil, but need the washer.

Thanks in advance.

Wilko.
    Paul Wilko

• Offline Merlot

• Trophy Member  ‐    82

Offline Merlot

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Southampton
    Re: Sump bolt washer
    Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2018, 10.08 am
    Nov 10, 2018, 10.08 am
    If it's in good condition you could re-use it.  Failing that as the oil is draining out, pop over to any motor factors or DIY store with the old washer and get one or some from there.  I bet they'll be pennies.  I've re-used the washers on the bevel drive drain and refill plugs with no issues.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    9767

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2018, 01.19 pm
    Nov 10, 2018, 01.19 pm
    This has been discussed before, and while you "can" re-use the old washer, why risk it for the price ?

If it leaks, because you re-used the old one, then you'll have to drain and replace the oil again !  :138:

The Part Number is T3558989.

The size is 14.4 X 23 X 3 ( Inside Diameter x Outside Diameter x Thickness ).

WOT do list them individually at 1.63, plus postage,
    or you could nip down to Streetbike where they have them in stock for 1.06 !  :028:

p.s. You package is in the post  :038:

Last Edit: Feb 05, 2020, 12.48 pm by Coconut

• Offline Wilko   gb

• Topic Author

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2018, 07.24 pm
    Nov 10, 2018, 07.24 pm
    Thank you for that Coconut, I never thought of getting one from Streetbike, down side is that it will also cost me a bacon and egg sandwich, plus a cup of tea at the very least  :745:
    Paul Wilko

• Offline av8or-dave   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    216

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
    • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
    • City / Town: Liverpool
    Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2018, 12.32 am
    Nov 11, 2018, 12.32 am
    Or, you can get one of these valves and never buy and change a washer again...and no leaks!  I've used them on my trucks for years, and use the hose clamp safety and a small rubber cap to keep road grime out of the spout.

I wrote and asked this question -

"Do you have a EZ quick change valve that will fit a 2013 - 2017 Triumph Trophy SE's motor?"

Reply:

EZ Oil Drain Valve <sales@ezoildrainvalve.com>
    Sun 9/23/2018, 11:32 AM

Hi,

The EZ-106 would be the valve for your Triumph.

https://www.ezoilchangevalve.com/triumph1.html

Thank you,

Ryuji Mitsuoka
    Sales Manager
    425-999-1200
    www.EZoildrain.com"

So, you should check it out...

EZ-106 [Thread size : 14mm-1.5]
    $23.95 USD

EZ Oil Drain Valve:  Replaces the standard oil drain plug, making oil changes easier, saving valuable time and expenses. Lift the lever of this nickel plated brass ball valve and give it a quarter turn to open it "with your finger". Return the lever to its original position and it locks closed.

Optional Hose Ends:  Hose Ends can be screwed into the valves to allow hose connections and to drain oil away from engines with limited space. Hose Ends may be removed after use.

Optional hose end:

H-001: Straight Hose End 3/8"
    $4.00
    Straight Hose End: For small body (part number EZ-101 - EZ-115) valves.

Just screw in the Hose End to the EZ Oil Drain Valve and tighten with a small wrench. The Hose Ends are interchangeable, making it a breeze to remove after changing your oil.

Hose end is good for putting a hose on the valve to direct oil to a container (less splash) and installing a grime protective cap.

https://www.ezoilchangevalve.com/store/p18/H-001%3A_Straight_Hose_End_3%2F8%22.html

Last Edit: Nov 11, 2018, 01.23 am by av8or-dave
    Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4776

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2018, 11.31 pm
    Nov 11, 2018, 11.31 pm
    Very handy.  I quit changing my own oil ages ago, mainly because I got 4 years of free oil changes with the SUV when we bought it, and that includes tire rotations and balancing.  On the Trophy?  Well, there are other things that require stripping bodywork off at the same interval as the oil changes so I take that in and have it done.  I used to do most of my own maintenance, but now, old bones, arthritic hands, and mostly a lack of interest in it keeps me from doing it any more.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Wilko   gb

• Topic Author

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2018, 08.41 pm
    Nov 12, 2018, 08.41 pm
    Hi av8or-dave,
    that looks a good Idea, the only down side I personally can see is the clearance between the bottom of the sump on the Trophy, I can envisage it being ripped off, or a least damaged, if not the sump it's self.
    On a truck perhaps, with a lot of clearance, great, but a motorbike...hummmm  :084:......I'll stick with the washer.
    Paul Wilko

• Offline av8or-dave   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    216

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
    • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
    • City / Town: Liverpool
    Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2018, 12.02 am
    Nov 13, 2018, 12.02 am
    *Originally Posted by Wilko [+]
    Hi av8or-dave,
    that looks a good Idea, the only down side I personally can see is the clearance between the bottom of the sump on the Trophy, I can envisage it being ripped off, or a least damaged, if not the sump it's self.
    On a truck perhaps, with a lot of clearance, great, but a motorbike...hummmm  :084:......I'll stick with the washer.

Looks to me like the swing-arm pivot point/rear shock joint (located between the center stand's legs) hangs lower than this valve would, and be the first thing to not clear something if inclined to drive over stuff in the first place, eh!

Maybe a small SKID Plate made out of a rectangular shaped piece of metal (2 inches wide x 5 or 6 inches long) with a hole at one end which the valve would go through to screw it up tight against the oil pan, and bent down a few inches in front of the valve, then back at an angle could be fabricated if worried about stuff hitting it?

At my first 500-mile oil change I'm planning on installing one - because it's one and done!  No worries about stripping the threads, no mess with hot oil bursting out all over my hands (and wherever), no losing the plug and no washers needed.

When I get my EZ oil drain valve installed, amd make a skid plate for it - I'll have to post some pictures, eh!
    Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

tweedy-bunch