Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Top Box  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Top Box
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:30 am »
I hope that I am not covering a topic that has already been killed. I find it funny that Triumph designed a touring top box, that has a 55L cap, but will not allow for two full face helmets to be stowed.
I have a C3 pro in large, that is produced on the smaller shell, and my girlfriend has an Arai in small and we are not able to stow both in the top case. I have a GIVI E55 and I can place both side by side facing rearwards and have room left over for other small items.
After looking at it for awhile, it seems as though there is A lot of wasted (formed plastic) space and it is taller then the GIVI. When I compare the two, the GIVI is what you would think a top case would be -- two halves of a clam, hinge or hinges, seals, and a lock. When you open the GIVI it is just open space. I never once thought that it was cheap or flimsy. The Triumph unit must have been designed by five engineers who were told to design a specific piece but never told what the final product was going to be. Oh, sorry, forgot about the lawyers and their impact on the design. (I mean no harm to any of the lawyers who may or may not be forum members or those lawyers who may be visiting the site and see my post or any lawyer that may have heard that I posted something that could have been inferred as a negative statement against lawyers)
By the way my lawyer suggested I add that last section. Oh, and again by the way, the statement above also pertains to engineers.
 I hope I covered all basis because I am new to this site and I don't want to start out on the wrong foot.
Seriously, it just seems that the design was over engineered and the function under engineered.
Of course, that is my opinion.
Scott

Offline Paulvt1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200
  • City / Town: Wolverhampton
Re: Top Box
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:50:58 am »
Yup. Looks nice. Weighs a ton. Not as much storage as a Givi E52 from days of yore.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 01:15:08 pm »
Sarah and I place the helmets in the panniers wherever we go. Unfortunately, now we have the sema comms units fitted, we have to remove them before stowing them as they make the helmet too wide and it will not fit in.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45:38 pm »
*Originally Posted by Amboguzzi [+]
I hope that I am not covering a topic that has already been killed. I find it funny that Triumph designed a touring top box, that has a 55L cap, but will not allow for two full face helmets to be stowed.
I have a C3 pro in large, that is produced on the smaller shell, and my girlfriend has an Arai in small and we are not able to stow both in the top case. I have a GIVI E55 and I can place both side by side facing rearwards and have room left over for other small items.
After looking at it for awhile, it seems as though there is A lot of wasted (formed plastic) space and it is taller then the GIVI. When I compare the two, the GIVI is what you would think a top case would be -- two halves of a clam, hinge or hinges, seals, and a lock. When you open the GIVI it is just open space. I never once thought that it was cheap or flimsy. The Triumph unit must have been designed by five engineers who were told to design a specific piece but never told what the final product was going to be. Oh, sorry, forgot about the lawyers and their impact on the design. (I mean no harm to any of the lawyers who may or may not be forum members or those lawyers who may be visiting the site and see my post or any lawyer that may have heard that I posted something that could have been inferred as a negative statement against lawyers)
By the way my lawyer suggested I add that last section. Oh, and again by the way, the statement above also pertains to engineers.
 I hope I covered all basis because I am new to this site and I don't want to start out on the wrong foot.
Seriously, it just seems that the design was over engineered and the function under engineered.
Of course, that is my opinion.
Scott

Hi Scott

You will get two full faced helmets in the box  :087: You have to lay them on there side. Top if helmets to the outside one visor facing to the front and the other facing the rear. You can even get your gloves in layed on top and the lid will close.  :028: :028:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:05:03 pm »
Yes, I can confirm that too!

2 full face helmets will fit, just in the slightly unusual configuration of laid down!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 09:26:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by Chaos [+]
Hi Scott

You will get two full faced helmets in the box  :087: You have to lay them on there side. Top if helmets to the outside one visor facing to the front and the other facing the rear. You can even get your gloves in layed on top and the lid will close.  :028: :028:

Chaos
nice one mate. Chaos to the
rescue.........again. Please don't leave the forum mate, your a gem.

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »
Fantastic. Thanks for info Chaos/Cropbiker. I will give it go later tonight and report back on how well I can follow instructions. I think I just need to be a more creative thinker.
Scott

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 05:06:11 pm »
*Originally Posted by Glenn [+]
nice one mate. Chaos to the
rescue.........again. Please don't leave the forum mate, your a gem.

Just here to help and pass on the LUV.
Nice to be appreciated though  :028: :028: Cheers mate  :821: :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.