Rear brake pedal, front brake lever and rear brake light question by Coconut
[Today at 08:14:59 PM]

Trophy photo. by tdragger
[Today at 05:18:59 PM]

Recent member from Geordieland by Novocastrian
[Today at 05:07:47 PM]

sold my trophy by Coconut
[Today at 02:58:14 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: NEC Bike Show  (Read 289 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TT 1200SE
  • City / Town: Lancashire
NEC Bike Show
« on: November 22, 2018, 06:35:06 PM »
Anyone been yet/worth going?  I'm there tomorrow.  Feel free to say hello if you see a short bald bloke in a  green Triumph hoodie walking round!  :158: :158:
2013 TT se in Dark Blue

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
Re: NEC Bike Show
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
I'm going Saturday, my work colleague has got 2 free tickets  :046:....otherwise I wasn't going to bother. The wife and I went last year, after half hour I had, had enough, I can usually put up with crowds, but my god it was busy, couldn't see anything, I wanted to look for a new helmet, no chance, as I said, half hour we was on our way home.   
Paul Wilko

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:35:16 AM »
I went on Tuesday and had a great day.

I invested in a new Packtalk Bold.  I already noticed how much better the speakers are but the voice command, a feature I changed for, does not work!  Doh, currently in contact with Cardo to resolve it.

I also invested in a front wheel paddock stand.  I have been using a scissor jack under the exhausts but after watching a guy change my front tyres I thought I'd get the right kit.  I'd been looking on the internet but experience told me for our weight of bike I needed a substantial stand and feeling the weight and seeing the construction was important.  Its great and my bike is on it in the garage now.

I saw about six others in the biking World I know and blagged a few days on a Zero motorcycle because I knew the UK boss of Zero from my Harley days.  Report to follow.

We have an annual pilgrimage from South Shields with 4 in a car, an overnight in Solihull for Curry, beer and sleep then the show and home next day.  I used to only go on a bike to a bike event but the last time I tried that got as far as Thirsk before snow closed the road and seeing guys wandering around the NEC in leathers and lugging back packs with helmets reaffirmed my sense in taking the car!

BTW Klim does not have their own stand which I was looking (they did last year) for as it is difficult to find this high end stuff to try before you buy.

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave
2016 TTSE

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 10:33:19 AM »
After attending this show many times over a weekend, I too went on Tuesday this week. For the first time I felt I could see what I wanted to see, when I wanted to see it. In future, I will always attend on a weekday. Like Dave, I was tempted by the Packtalk - but then I was promised support by a Nolan representative for my less than satisfactory current system (the dealer from whom I had purchased my lid has long gone...). Like Dave, I also opted for the car, after seeing the weather forecast. I too stayed over, but for an ox-cheek, mash and beer! Apart from a few new bike models, the exhibitions remain largely the same...
cecilt

Offline Mongoose

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TT 1200SE
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »
Went down on the bike and parked up next to 3 Explorers in the free bike park. First shock was £25 to get in!!

There wasn't much new to see. I loved the new Indian 1200 flat tracker and one dealer was doing Shark Evo 1 helmets for £149 - an absolute bargain.  I bought the new Shark flip for £250, over a hundred quid off recommended retail!

Downside was almost 4 hours to get back home - 50mph all the way up the M6 and the M55 closed both ways for 2 nasty looking accidents. Thanks to Lancs cops for letting me through on the bike as I wouldn't disturb the scene before they photographed it!

First time I'd done a decent ride with the low seat on. I found it a tad hard, so will swop it over and try the standard next time.

2013 TT se in Dark Blue

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »
Hi Mongoose, I went to it today, I wasn't but a work colleague had a couple of free tickets, so I thought why not.
I went by train this year, easier to meet up with said colleague.
Personly, I didn't think a lot of it, but did like the Indian stand, a woman i know has this bike, this colour, I actually like it, and I can get my feet flat on the floor, nice bike, but I would have one in blue.

Paul Wilko