Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sound system with the ignition key in parking mode  (Read 670 times)

Offline Eloteq

• Trophy Member
  • Born Again biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT1215 & KAW ER6F
  • City / Town: Knighton
Re: Sound system with the ignition key in parking mode
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 05:41:14 PM »
Thank you coconut for the advice. Luckily I found the Sat Nav connector & blank when I installed the radio loom. So I looked on the spare loom I had for a similar plug and hey presto the terminals were the same. So I carefully removed them and wired up the blank plug to power my usb power socket by the mount.

*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
The Power......
“Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 09:16:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
The question asked was :

... not asking for a Power supply for Lighting  :159:

The fuse for the circuit that the GPS Power supply is on
( Front Fuse Box, Fuse No.3 ) is rated at 10 Amps,
so it will of course depend on the current draw of the radio being connected,
along with anything else connected to the same circuit ( GPS / USB etc ),
as to whether the circuit is overloaded or not.

Coconut, think that a 2-pin cable enters the connector of the sound equipment, the voltage is positive and it is permanent, when we activate the ignition, another 12 volt positive comes from another line. Then you have another 5 volt positive for USB and I think I remember you have 2 cables with 2.4 volts.

Then it has three input cables for additional sound, such as listening to the voice of the GPS.

4 USB cables plus 4 left, left and right speaker output cables.

From the sound system output, 2 cables with positive and negative for the satellite antenna and 2 cables with positive and negative for the GPS.

The output for the GPS does not give 10 amps because it comes from inside the sound system.

In this case, if you want to draw power from that connector, no problem, as long as a relay has been installed, and the GPS output would take the positive to attack the relay coil.

So with that said, there is no problem with a relay.

The 10A of fuse 3 is for the sound system, not the GPS. The sound system already consumes yours.

All this I am saying by heart, since I have been working in that area.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 09:20:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Eloteq [+]
Thank you coconut for the advice. Luckily I found the Sat Nav connector & blank when I installed the radio loom. So I looked on the spare loom I had for a similar plug and hey presto the terminals were the same. So I carefully removed them and wired up the blank plug to power my usb power socket by the mount.

You will have no problem connecting USB power.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 09:46:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Eloteq [+]
The help and advice is appreciated Digital and if it keeps you sane during this difficult time, then that’s good. I haven’t had chance to try your wiring diagram out yet but hopefully will get it done the weekend. At the moment I use the radio with the ignition turned on but I turn off the engine Cut off. This eliminates the petrol pump noise / power but I still have the abs light flashing etc. Obviously this way the side lights are still lit. Does your way turn everything off to the engine, pump etc.

Also, I wanted to ask you about EMI / RFI interference with LED lighting. I have changed my LED headlight bulbs to a better quality Philips X-tremeUltinon LED Gen2 H4 Bulbs which have emi filters. I have bought ferrite chockes and put them on my Switch back LED signal / day running light. But it has made no difference to the rfi.

Can the radio be powered from a clean 12v supply or something else added to clear up the emi noise in the power circuits.

This is a picture of the inside of the switchback bulbs:-

Eloteq, I can't understand what you mean by:

(Obviously this way the side lights are still on. Does it shut off all the motor, pump, etc.)

Regarding the second question:

(Can the radio be powered from a clean 12v supply or something else to eliminate EMI noise in the power circuits?).

I don't think you eliminate the interference by taking the tension from somewhere else.

It is very possible that the interference of the light bulbs is producing it because it is radiating at frequencies that the FM sound equipment receives through the antenna.

Anyway, do a test. Without starting the engine, take the clutch and at the same time turn on the ignition key, so the headlight lights will turn on, you turn on the radio and see if with the lights running and the engine stopped, it continues to do so.

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 11:35:54 PM »
Setting up the sound system with the remote control is a joy.

I also remotely turn on the trunk position light and the fault indicators on the saddlebags.

All without putting the key in the ignition cylinder.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:38:03 PM by digital »

tweedy-bunch