Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Corbin 's lack of customer support!  (Read 235 times)

Offline NEARMISSES

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1200LT FJR1300 TTSE
  • City / Town: LACLEDE
Corbin 's lack of customer support!
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:03:33 PM »
It's raining up here in the great Northwest and I deciced it was a good day to put in a call to Corbin and see if I could get a replacement 5/8" steel rod they use to attach their backrest to a seat with.  Well guess what?  They won't,  not can't,  but won't sell that part to us ordinary customer's that may have by no fault of their own bothered to purchase a Corbin seat through them. Flame over. Anyway, anyone out there with one they could photograph for me so I can fabricate my own? looks like they go 4 1/2 inches into the seat but need the approximate bend angle or a drawing I could go off of, and then up at the back rest what and where the holes go there approximately for attachment on the seat and the thumb nut adjuster's approximate location above the pivot hole point near the bottom.  That would help tremendously, if not, oh well. I'll just have to figure it all out with trial and many error's, HA!
I cannnot believe they won't sell me one! how absurd.  Got a great deal on it on ebay, it almost matches the seats tan leather but slightly off. Probablly wasn't out in the weather or what not. Anyways, I'm not that fancy, just wanted a backrest and this came up reasonably. I don't like Corbin seats but came with the bike used. I decided I do like the backrest I have on my LT and this might make the Corbin somewhat more useful.  Managed to get some stock low seats after the purchase and was going to have Frank Spencer revamp it while we were in Florida this winter but now that's not going to happen so ... guess I'll make do till I can get that way and have a look see at his hadywork.  Any one here have one, I seem to recall I might of found it on here.  To all you riders in the south with warmer weather and the crazies like I used to be up north, keep the shiney side up out there!

Offline NEARMISSES

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1200LT FJR1300 TTSE
  • City / Town: LACLEDE
Re: Corbin 's lack of customer support!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 07:45:42 AM »
Well a day later and i have the solution in hand. anyone needing a rodare going to have some drawings to go by but no dimensions. Once i get ot all done I'll post the dimensions here so others can figure it out if necessary too! Interesting what a pat.will get you!
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/53/8a/5e/4df7cf079f4e15/US6848156.pdf

tweedy-bunch