Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tired of waiting on parts  (Read 354 times)

Offline smash

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
Tired of waiting on parts
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:04:05 PM »
I took my Trophy in on 11/03 because I kept getting a low voltage message.  The dealer figured out it needed a voltage regulator and an alternator.  Here it is 12/05 and the parts still aren't in.  Thank goodness the alternator didn't go out while I was on the road.  I guess I'd have to rent an apartment while I waited on parts or fly home, then back to get the bike.  As soon the bike is ready, I'm riding directly to the Yamaha dealer and turning it in to a new FJR regardless of the hit I'm going to take on trade-in.  Expecting a customer to wait over a month for parts on a touring bike is the last straw.

Congratulations Triumph, it took some doing, but you've finally managed to run me off.  I'm throwing the Speed Triple in the trade as well, no matter how little they offer me for it, just to be completely done with Triumph.

Offline David S

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 TTSE
  • City / Town: Eaton
Re: Tired of waiting on parts
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:53:08 PM »
 The sign of things to come, I'm afraid. Same here. Was going to trade back into a Tiger but now I am staying away from Triumph.

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Member
  • Night Fury
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Crestwood, IL
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »
Hey, not that this is your problem, but my 17 TTSE gave me low voltage indications.  I tested the charging voltage and then swapped out the battery.  Turns out the original battery had a cell that was beginning to fail.  After that, the bike has been fine.  I keep my bike on a battery tender when parked at home, but that doesn't guarantee that the battery won't fail.  I don't care for the Yuasa batteries much.  I tend to buy Interstate brand and have reliable service from them.  Not to mention that I have an Interstate store right by work and get great service whenever I stop in.

I had a 09 Bonnie that didn't give me an ounce (25.8g) of problems. 

I'm not saying that Triumph doesn't have their problems, but my TTSE is the best bike I've ever owned and it will take a whole lot to make me want to give it up.
Previous Bike: 09 Bonneville SE
                    13 HD ElectraGlide Ultra Limited Anniv.

Offline smash

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 02:21:15 AM »
Wait over a month for parts.  Cancel a trip.  Or better yet, break down 1k miles from home and wait a month on parts.  Tell me then how great Triumph is.

In fairness, they do make awesome bikes.  They just drop the ball on EVERYTHING else.

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Member
  • Night Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 03:44:55 AM »
I never said Triumph was great.  They have some serious issues to solve.  They need to commit to the customers and dealers.  They need to provide better post sales support with tech support and parts.  Every mfr has design issues.  It's how they handle those issues that shows their commitment to supporting the customer.  Triumph has proven that they can build world class bikes.  They have also proven that their post sales support is their weak point.  I don't disagree with you.  But, keep in mind that Triumph is a small company trying to support a global market.  Could they do a better job?  Yes.  Is cashflow and logistics the bane of most small companies? Yes.  I have been delayed, laid up and cancelled trips for many different reasons.  It sucks to have your bike down waiting for parts.  But it is not the end of the world.  I wish you luck with your FJR1300.  It's a good bike.  My riding partner has a 2015 and he loves it.  But, it is not without some issues also.  safe travels...

Online Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Member
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisconsin N. Woods
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 01:03:02 PM »
Have you called Triumph USA Customer Support in Atlanta directly?
They have been extremely responsive to my problems.

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Member
  • Night Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
That is good news.   :062:  Maybe they are turning things around.  Now if they would recommit to the touring segment...    I know, wishful thinking.

Offline smash

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 01:15:47 AM »
I called Triumph USA and they were polite and sympathetic, and very helpful in telling me where my parts were in the supply chain.  They were, however, unable to turn back time and fix my bike in an acceptable amount of time.  Nor were they able to assure me this situation wouldn't play out again in the future.