Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Recent member from Geordieland  (Read 174 times)

1675 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Recent member from Geordieland
« on: December 06, 2018, 09:58:44 PM »
Guess I'd better say hi to everyone...A few of the "old" model Trophy owners will know me as I had a 1200 '98 Trophy along with a handful of BSAs before this latest acquisition and ran the Yahoogroup for a lot of years.  I went to the new Trophy launch event in Newcastle in 2012 and promised myself I'd get one.  I never did, but recently was waiting to see what Mahindra and Mahindra were launching under the BSA brand next year.  Nothing was coming back so I decided my final hurrah would be the new Trophy.  Picked one up from the Isle of Man a month ago with 3000 miles on the clock (it's a small island LOL) and brought her back.

I think I preferred my previous Trophy to be honest but this will do me....I'm past lubing and adjusting chains on a modern bike !

So far, all is well but the Tyre Pressure Monitoring battery is low so I'll be soldering CR2032 batteries in before long.  Lots of bells and whistles on this bike (more than is needed to be honest) but I can always get on my Beezers to get back to basics...

Anyway, let's see how it goes.....

Ken Hastie
TTSE, BSA Rocket Three, A10 Golden Flash, B50 Gold Star, B40 and a couple of Bantams...let's call it a pension fund  :008:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Recent member from Geordieland
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 10:17:21 PM »
Hi Novocastrian, and :400: to the Club !

I used to have a "V" Reg 900cc Trophy ( British Racing Green ),
which was great, but I definitely prefer this one  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:06:20 PM »
 :400: to the forum.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:35:37 AM »
Welcome aboard  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Online 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:14:44 AM »
I'm just down the road in Co. Durham and also have a 2013. I have drifts for the front wheel bearings and rear suspension linkages if you need them. I also have a  drill jig for removing a broken gear lever pin (VERY well documented here!!) Have a couple of batteries with tags if you need them. Got them for mine, but the unit was sealed as it was a later type, replaced under warranty. PM me if I can help
Oh, nearly forgot. Welcome!

Online Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Member
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisconsin N. Woods
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »
 :401: to The Forum!
I, like you, have decided that lubing, adjusting, and replacing chains is a thing of the past. Plus, I kind of like cruise control, heated grips, adjustable windscreen, tubeless tires, fuel injection, a ripping stereo for those long interstate stretches, etc., etc.  :018:

I think your new Trophy will grow on you.

Cheers!  :821:

Offline Ebenezer

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 TT Lunar Silver
  • City / Town: Apeldoorn
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »
Ken, more than welcome on this list! I have asked myself for a long time if you 'd complete your fleet with the latest Triumph-tourer. Better than me, you 'll be able to mend this heavy lump due to your length and strength. And you choose the right colour too.
Many people on this list are probably unaware of the many years you managed the Yahoo-list for the carburetor-Trophy's like "Coconut" does as technical contributor on this list. I ow you so many pints because of your input during the past years. I am looking forward for the posts you 'll write knowing your attitude to share your motorcycle-experience with others.

Henk

Offline rvbobby

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Raleigh nc
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:21:48 AM »
 :400: to the forum. Take a 400 mile trip one day and then let us know if your Trophy is now your favorite bike.I am betting its a yes.