* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Return to Bulgaria, or not  (Read 392 times)

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
Return to Bulgaria, or not
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
When the wife and I was in Bulgaria last August/ September, we became the owners of a house out there  :164:.....it’s a restoration job  :125:.
We are planning on going back out in May next year for the first  :169: to start sorting the place out, I have no idea where to start, as It really does need everything doing.
Anyway, I told her I want to take the bike back over, this is a four day ride via motorway, she wasn’t over impressed as I only get 4 weeks holiday / vacation 2 weeks, then another 2 later.
I have been joined into a MC club there by other brits / bikers, that are friends on Facebook, I still have to meet them  :008:....the guy who runs the club is looking forward to meeting me and seeing the bike, so what do I do, ride out and leave the bike there and not have it here for our “British” summer and fly home, or take less time there and ride both ways... :148:  :745:
Paul Wilko

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Return to Bulgaria, or not
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
The answer to your dilemma is quite simple -

Buy a second Trophy - one for here, one for there - sorted !  :028:

Once the new Place is all finished and you move there permanently,
you can always sell the UK based one.  :169:

Cheers  :821:

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:22:06 PM »
Coconut, your funny, buy another TTSE  :745: ….why didn't I think of that  :138:..... do you want to talk to my wife on the virtues of owning a second bike  :164:

Joking aside, I saw a 1500cc Honda Valkyrie for sale the other day, a 1998 bike, I did quite like it  :018:

Not this bike, but cream and blue, just the bike for out there, not as there's anything wrong with the TTSE.

Paul Wilko

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 11:02:37 PM »
Wilko. Coconut "could" be right, then again maybe you might be. The Honda "doesn't" look anything like the Trophy. Probably wouldn't handle as well as the Trophy, probably still wouldn't be agreed to by the "minister for finances" either. Just ride the bike both ways, take a bit longer with breaks for you good wife, she'll enjoy the relaxed nature of the trip. House renos will happen in due course. Quality time with your very good wife is more important. Who knows what's happening tomorrow.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060