Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Russell All Day vs Laam Seats  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Garb

• Trophy Member
  • Live life!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE ABS
  • City / Town: Grandville
Re: Russell All Day vs Laam Seats
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 06:31:59 PM »
Hit Reply too quick.  For my Trophy I plan to get the Russell this January.  The global comments are pretty clear that this is the best choice.
Garby

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 08:05:23 PM »
Laam seats are also excellent, as long as you're 220 or under IMO. Seth Laam makes a great seat, but despite my literal begging to make the one I bought for my Tenere stiffer, he wouldn't /couldn't make it stiff enough for my use. It is important to note that I am a difficult seat customer because a) I'm a giant fatbody at 265 but b) I have almost no ass at all, and what is there is bony, and c) I'm picky. All of my weight is hard to distribute properly because of my body type, which is why I need a very very firm seat.

RDL was the answer for me. That said, I am 100% certain that if I weighed less, or had a wider, better-padded ass, the Laam seat would have been excellent. The shape was perfect, and the quality was excellent.

Offline Garb

• Trophy Member
  • Live life!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE ABS
  • City / Town: Grandville
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 09:06:48 PM »
Appreciate the reply.  I decided to go with the Russell.  I will send my seat out in March.
 :192:
Garby