Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: We think Triumph has problems  (Read 215 times)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
We think Triumph has problems
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:25:30 PM »
Posted by a BMW rider in another country:
Most of the story is in my last post, but... The bike has throw these faults regularly for the last few 100 kms. Initially they claimed it was the side stand switch, reset everything and said it would be good... It wasn’t.

The dealership had the bike Wednesday to Friday last week to fix these faults (again) and to do the 1000km service. This is where they claimed the problem was a dodgy front ABS sensor. They did some re flash of the computer and said it was ok but to bring it back if it throws those warnings again.

Sunday morning I was riding to work, 5am, wet roads, light rain, all those warnings on again.. Heading down a relatively steep hill a few kangaroos hopped onto the road. Hit the brakes but got nothing but a clicking pulsing brake lever. The brake pedal felt the same. I kicked it down to second or first, managed to slow a little with a massive over rev of the motor followed by quite a rear lock up. I went passed the ‘Roos with the back sliding, I’m guessing I was at an angle of 45 degrees to direction of motion. I did eventually stop, reset what I could with a power down and restart.

My impression was that the computer was reading the front wheel as stationary and significantly reduced brake pressure while reading the back moving fast (hence the DTC). Just a malfunctioning sensor should not cause this... There’s clearly a lot more wrong with the system. (Including that ‘brakes too hot’ warning)

And yes, it did scare the #### out of me!

All these things are scary,  :005: no matter who made the equipment.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: We think Triumph has problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
It would be useful to clarify the Make & Model of the Bike in question -
Is this information known ?

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: We think Triumph has problems
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »
K1600B owned by a female law enforcement supervisor with a LOT of KM's under her belt on bikes and if I recall correctly currently owns more than one.  This was her favorite and had some upgraded and custom (seat, etc.) equipment installed on it.  She's asking BMW to do a full refund on it.  Another of her posts shows the dash display with 9738 KM on it.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch