Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Corbin Touring Saddle  (Read 8741 times)

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Corbin Touring Saddle
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:14:49 am »
I am considering dropping the $629 for a heated Corbin seat, does anyone have one?
Feedback?
Thanks

Offline Razor

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Mississauga, Ontario
Re: Corbin Touring Saddle
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:20:03 pm »
I can't comment on Corbins for the Trophy specifically but I ran into someone last week who had a BMW R1200RT, many of which are outfitted with Corbins by the dealer. He replaced it with a Russell Day-Long seat and swears it's the most comfortable seat he's had in over 200,000 miles of riding with a variety of aftermarket seats. Looks good, too. I did a lot of research on the options available a while back - Corbin, Saddleman, Sargeant, Bill Mayer, etc - and landed on the RDL as the best option. it's competitively priced and they appear to take some care in fitting it, you have to provide photo's or you and your pillion on the bike along with info like height and weight.
good luck!
Ray 

Offline Luckycharms

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Pennsylvania
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:58:59 am »
My opinion is stay away from Corbin. From what I've read and understand about them is they work for just a small amount of people. For the price of a custom seat your only getting a common one size fits all seat on a custom seat pan. Better to get a custom seat made just for your butt for a tiny bit more money.

If I were doing big miles (and I do) I would look at rocky Mayer, bill Mayer, LAAM (a former Mayer employee) and my personal favorite - Russell Day Long. I tried 4 different seat on my Tiger 1050 before purchasing the RDL and I shouldn't have wasted all the money. So the first thing I did when I got my Trophy was schedule a build date for my Trophy seat. It's currently back at Russell for one of its free adjustments. I'm confident it'll be a perfect seat that will provide many 1000 mile days once it comes back.

Do you have any specific questions about custom seats?
How do you plan to ride your trophy and how many miles do you expect to put on it per day?
2013 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 (gone)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (gone)

Offline Keith

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:52:06 am »
*Originally Posted by GPL95928 [+]
I am considering dropping the $629 for a heated Corbin seat, does anyone have one?
Feedback?
Thanks

I can not say I have experience with Corbin on a TT, but I have purchased a Corbin in the past. 
They are very hard seats. After putting several hundred miles on one I called them and complained, they said to give it time. After another 500 miles I called them back, they did sayi could send it in and they would rework it. I got it back and it was not any better.  It did look nice though as it sat in my garage.
They did tell me that hard seats are not for everyone, and they do clearly state on their site that their seats are hard.
Keith
2013 triumph Trophy SE
1977 Honda Goldwing GL1000

Offline DancingDon

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Lunar Silver SE
  • City / Town: Tucson, AZ
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 10:48:06 pm »
got a RDL on my 2013, took 'em 3 tries to get it right, but is now very comfortable. Is definitely taller, but well worth it.

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 11:48:15 pm »
I agree with other posters that the Corbin seats are hard.  Shape is the most important thing, but if the shape isn't perfect, a hard seat will be very unforgiving!  I've given thought of getting a RDL seat, as long as I can be at their facility while it's being made.  They're in Northern California, a very long day's ride from my Southern California home (550 mi.), so it's more likely I'll end up at Bill Mayer Saddles, about an hour away.  The RDL seats have a great following, however, and I've heard nothing but good things about them.  Tough choices!!!
STONEY

Offline nakerr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE - RIP
  • City / Town: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:26:01 am »
I have had Corbin seats on a GL 1500 and my ST 1300. I agree that they feel hard for the first 2000 kms or so but after that I seemed to completely forget about the seat; it became a non-issue.

I would go with the Corbin for my TTSE but I am concerned about seat height. With my heated low seat I can just barely flat foot both feet.
Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

Past owner of 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (Pacific Blue) - RIP; - next bike ???

Offline Agrsiv

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Peoria
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:41:25 am »
I have a Corbin heated seat on my TT. it does "feel" hard at first but that goes away.  When I first sat on it I thought I would hate it, but WOW what a difference over the horrible stock seat. It does raise you up at least an inch over stock and it is leather (which I don't like). It is a huge improvement over stock but I would like to try a Russell for a more perfect fit. If you buy a Corbin, buy your backrests from Harrison, they are much cheaper and are a perfect fit. If you are concerned about height then I would look elsewhere.

tweedy-bunch