* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Rider backrest, any options?  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Chicago, IL
Re: Rider backrest, any options?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 01:56:22 AM »
I'm interested in this also.  I'm on the fence and just need a push.
Second Wave Founding Member Twisted Trophies

Bike: 17 TTSE - Phantom Black  "Toothless the Night Fury"

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Spokane, WA
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 02:38:44 AM »
9.5. After having one I could not imagine not having one. In fact a buddy of mine wanted to try out my Back rest. We switched bikes since he has a triumph trophy too I could not believe how uncomfortable I was without the back rest after becoming used to it. There is nothing better than leaning back on that big lazy boy and put my feet on the highway pegs.

Offline freeride4tom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Justin, TX
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 02:46:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
9.5. After having one I could not imagine not having one. In fact a buddy of mine wanted to try out my Back rest. We switched bikes since he has a triumph trophy too I could not believe how uncomfortable I was without the back rest after becoming used to it. There is nothing better than leaning back on that big lazy boy and put my feet on the highway pegs.
I guess I need to Ebay some stuff and save up for one. About $310 for a RDL (have a RDL seat already) and $225 for Utopia. Dang OCD.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Spokane, WA
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 04:46:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by freeride4tom [+]
I guess I need to Ebay some stuff and save up for one. About $310 for a RDL (have a RDL seat already) and $225 for Utopia. Dang OCD.

:431: Uh oh.....OCD might even get more expensive.  Can you even do a DIY RDL backrest or is that their price for the install too?

If you go Utopia that OCD will mean you will have to cover to match.  I think I paid $100 for Russell to do mine.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 02:10:33 PM »
Russell Day Long, Utopia recover????   :084:  Oh how I wish!!! :084:  Just can't come up with the buy in.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline thogland

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wasilla
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2019, 04:59:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
:431: Uh oh.....OCD might even get more expensive.  Can you even do a DIY RDL backrest or is that their price for the install too?

Answer is, "It Depends". If RDL installed the fitting in the rear seat for the backrest when they built the rear seat, then you can mod the cover and put the backrest in. Otherwise you have to send them your rear seat and have the backrest fitted and the rear seat recovered.

I had a RDL and backrest on my V-Star cruiser, but wasn't sure it was necessary with the sportier riding position of the Trophy. Having installed the RDL set w/backrest, I can't believe how well it works. The backrest is in the exact right spot to support your lower back, and makes multiple long days much happier.

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »
I have the backrest with my RDL.  It works great.  I had a Corbin as well that worked really good.  However, the RDL seat is way better than the Corbin-so I like the RDL setup much much better. 
Big Country

Offline ShaunDW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Simonstone, Lancs
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 07:49:52 AM »
So how do you folk get on & off the bike with the backrest fitted?
Is it a case of standing on a peg to swing your right leg over? Or do you lead with your right leg over the riders seat and hop across?
I should have probbaly got one when I was doing 400 miles a week, but that usage is no longer necessary. However, I'm still interested.
Pacific Blue Trophy A1
Honda Bros 650 (since import from Japan in '95)
History (best of):
KE125, CB250T, DT400, GS425, GS650G, XR200, CB900F2, FJ1200, K1200RS