Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TTSE diagnostic tool  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
TTSE diagnostic tool
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »
Hi All--

I’d like to purchase a diagnostic tool that duplicates the 2013 Triumph Trophy SE factory diagnostic tool.  I'm aware of the DealerTool tool, are there other manufacturer's tools available?  Does anyone know if the DealerTool test tool duplicates all of the factories tests and functions completely (Autoscan, ABS and EMCs – stored DTCs and service reminders)?

Thanks,
Papermaker

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: TTSE diagnostic tool
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
You should write directly to dealertool so you can get their representations in writing.  They took a day to get back to me because of the time difference.  They are located in the UK.  Very helpful people.  I bought the product and I've been very satisfied.  So far it has done everything I've needed.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
TTSE diagnostic tool (Group buy, nine buyers needed)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »
All--

Attached below is an e-mail thread between DealerTool and me.  DealerTool answered all of my questions concerning my 2013 Triumph Trophy and I plan to purchase a tester soon.  During our exchange DealerTool mentioned that if we can generate an order of 10 testers they will lower the price per tester 20%.  The DealerTool website lists the current price of the tester at 59.99 pounds (with 20% discount 47.99 pounds).  The US dollar equivalent per Yahoo’s exchange rate guide is; $92.40 (with 20% discount approximately $74).  I’m sale number one, can we come up with another 9 buyers?

Thanks,

--John

Hi

I'm looking for a diagnostic tool that duplicates the 2013 Triumph Trophy SE factory diagnostic tool.  Does your test tool duplicate all of the factories tests and functions completely (Autoscan, ABS and EMCs - stored DTCs and service reminders)? 

Thanks,

--John

Thank you for your email.

We currently support the essentials for your model.
•   We can read sensors
•   Read ecu faults
•   Clear ecu faults
•   Read abs faults
•   Clear abs faults
•   Bleed abs brake function.
•   Electronic throttle balance check.
•   Reset service indicator

We don’t yet support the function tests but will be added in a future update.  We have no plan to add the Autoscan.

Updates are free.

Kind regards

DealerTool

Hi—

Can you describe what the Autoscan does and why you don't offer it?  Also, what functional tests does the factory scanner do and when will they be offered?

--John

The auto scan simply checks the bike step by step.  So it checks the tune number. Checks throttle balance etc.  Stuff you can do individually.  But its different for different bikes so overly complicated for us to do for little benefit.  Function tests are simply commands to tell the ecu to do things like sweep the instruments or energize the fuel pump.  We have added all the essentials and will be adding the exhaust valve support for the new Daytona next when we get to borrow one next month.

Kind regards
DealerTool

Hi—

Is the ABS solenoid test as described in the factory manual as part of the rear brake bleeding operation included in "functional tests" that will be available sometime in the future?  If so, I specifically need to test that function.  When will the functional tests be available?

--John

Abs brake bleed is already supported.

Kind regards

DealerTool

Hi DealerTool--

When will the functional tests be available?  Is it weeks, months or years away from reaching production?

--John

From: sales@dealertool.co.uk [mailto:sales@dealertool.co.uk]

We are currently playing catch up as Triumph added a flurry of new models all in one go. We have added the items as required by our customer’s most urgent needs, the next most urgent being the exhaust valve on the new Daytona. None of the other function tests are really that important, unless you have some serious fault finding to do, but I guess its cool to press a button on the PC and see your bikes screen go up and down!  We should have the function tests added over the next few months as and when we can get access to bikes etc.  We have the loan of a Trophy in September for a week so should make good progress then.

Kind regards,

DealerTool

Thanks for the detailed response.  I'd like to purchase one of your units.  Can you guide me through the process?  Also, do you mind if I publish this thread on the Trophy website?

--John

No problem if you want to add links to forums etc.  We recently did a forum group discount which worked well for both us and our customers.  What we did last time was a helpful customer stirred up a commitment from 10 forumites. We then gave him a 5 day website link which he posted where they could buy at 20% discount.  We shifted just over 20 kits through this so good for everyone.  Happy to do so again if you want to set the ball rolling. 

To purchase simply go to our website and choose the buy now option that matches your country.  Payment is through PayPal (you can also pay through PayPal with a credit card if you don’t have a PayPal account) Kits are in stock and sent next day. Typical delivery times are 1 day for UK. Up to 3 days for most of Europe and 5 days to other parts of the globe.

Kind regards,

DealerTool

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:41:34 PM »
As I posted on the group buy thread I already bought this tool some time ago.  I bought it individually so I didn't get any discount.  But I can tell you that even without the discount the tool is a great buy.  Anyone who participates in the group buy should be very happy.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »
Thanks for the comment w8d4it.

--Papermaker

tweedy-bunch