Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Shark Evo One 2 helmet - opinions?  (Read 4800 times)

• Offline Novocastrian   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    668
    • Topic Author

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: TTSE
    • City / Town: Tynemouth
    Shark Evo One 2 helmet - opinions?
    on: Feb 03, 2019, 02.36 pm
    Feb 03, 2019, 02.36 pm
    Decided to replace my Shoei Syncrotec. This was my second and has been ok, but I didn't realise technology has progressed so far in helmets.  I always find the Shoei to be pretty noisy anyway.  Now, having been shopping for a new helmet for wor lass, I've pretty much decided to get a Shark Evo One 2 helmet for me too. I like the fit and the features (flip up going all the way to the back, sun visor, more room around the chin for a boom Mic, removable liner, better fit f2f or spectacle wearer etc. etc.).  I'll be fitting my Bluetooth comms system.

Just wondered if anyone had any practical experience of these helmets?  Particularly when used on the Trophy?  Price is 250 each from local dealer which seems to be web price area too....
    Ken Hastie
    TTSE, a handful of BSAs, a Vespa 300 and an MGB

• Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Pro  ‐    257

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Pro
    • City / Town: Chicago, IL
    Re: Shark Evo One 2 helmet - opinions?
    Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2019, 03.14 pm
    Feb 03, 2019, 03.14 pm
    *Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]

Just wondered if anyone had any practical experience of these helmets?  Particularly when used on the Trophy?  Price is 250 each from local dealer which seems to be web price area too....

---
    I've owned Shark Evoline and now an Evo One.  The helmets are good helmets and have a lot of nice features.  Modular helmets are a little noisey, but I wear ear plugs while I ride.  I would not buy any other helmet.  Some idiot driver knocked me off my bonnie a couple years back and my Evoline did it's job well.  Now my Evo One is my only helmet.  I'm eyeing that new hi-vis model.  I have a scala G9 mounted on mine with the boom mic tucked up and under.  Works great.  Helmet fits in side case fine and top case with a little positioning.  I like the quick release ratchet buckle.

• Offline earthman   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    2121

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2019, 10.40 pm
    Feb 03, 2019, 10.40 pm
    I see that Sharp give it one less star than my Duke, it is slightly heavier but the face guard stayed locked 100% compared to the Duke's 87%.

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/shark-evo-one-2/

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/caberg-duke/

The other month I were asking my local bike shop about AGV's current flip up helmets, that brand of helmet I've had in the past and were happy with, I were wondering about trying one of theirs next time,....in the end he did say that Caberg flip up's out sell them though. :027: 

• Offline BigPoppa

• Trophy Member  ‐    81

Offline BigPoppa

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Antioch
    Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2019, 03.57 pm
    Feb 04, 2019, 03.57 pm
    I have a Shark Evoline and I use it Spring through Fall. I switch to my Shoei RF1200 in the winter time because I find the Shoei is warmer in the winter (and that warmth is why I don't wear it once the weather warms up). Once I'm ready to replace my Evoline I'll get the Evo One. With the exception of the Roof helmets the Evoline/Evo One helmets are the only ones you can wear as an open face at freeway speeds that I'm aware of. I use a Sena 10R in my Evoline and it's got to be the same unit as Shark's Sharktooth unit since it installs exactly the same (communicator on the side of the helmet and the external battery tucked inside the EPS shell pocket at the back of the helmet).

As Hoovooloo said the Evo's are noisy but then again I don't know of any modular that isn't noisy. I also wear ear plugs so the noise isn't an issue and I can still hear my communicator fine (especially with the windscreen all the way up).

• Offline Brit Al   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    273

Offline Brit Al

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: TTSE '14
    • City / Town: Aylesbury
    Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10.13 pm
    Feb 04, 2019, 10.13 pm
    I've used a Shark Evo One for the last 12 months with no problems.
    It is a good fit for my head shape (my main reason for buying it) and was fairly easy to fit my Scala Rider bluetooth to. As mentioned in another post it fits into both pannier and top box. I also wear earplugs whist riding and haven't found it nosier or quieter than previous lids.
    Al

• Offline Novocastrian   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    668
    • Topic Author

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: TTSE
    • City / Town: Tynemouth
    Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2019, 10.32 am
    Feb 05, 2019, 10.32 am
    Thanks for all the responses. In the end, I bought the Shoei Neotec II.  It just felt much more of a better fit and I got a good price of GBP250.  I went back to the shop with the firm idea of getting the Shark Evo One 2 but I tried the Shoei while I was there and it just felt right.  I've yet to try it on the bike, but soon as the ice is away........ 
    Ken Hastie
    TTSE, a handful of BSAs, a Vespa 300 and an MGB

• Offline tdragger   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    584

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Fredericksburg
    Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02.44 pm
    Feb 05, 2019, 02.44 pm
    a little late to the party...

The Shark was a topic of a lengthy conversation on the Iron Butt Association forum.  A lot of LD riders have been recommending the LS2 Valiant as an alternative to the Shark.  I haven't bought one yet but the one I tried on fit really nice.  I have the 1st gen Shoei Neotech but I find that I get too much forehead and cheek pressure with it.  The LS2 seems to be a bit more oval that takes care of the forehead pressure.  I need to try one on again to see if I can live with the cheek pressure.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ls2-valiant-line-helmet

-------------------------------------
    15 Triumph Trophy SE (2019 IBR)
    16 Triumph Trophy SE (2021 IBR)
    IBA #609

• Offline CAM

• Trophy Member  ‐    60

Offline CAM

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: '14 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Comox
    Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2019, 05.24 pm
    Feb 05, 2019, 05.24 pm
    *Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
    Thanks for all the responses. In the end, I bought the Shoei Neotec II.  It just felt much more of a better fit and I got a good price of GBP250.  I went back to the shop with the firm idea of getting the Shark Evo One 2 but I tried the Shoei while I was there and it just felt right.  I've yet to try it on the bike, but soon as the ice is away........

That's a steal at GBP250. In Canada, the solid colour Neotec 2 is the equivalent to 530 quid. The graphic models add another 60 so huge pricing  difference between countries.

tweedy-bunch