Michelin PR4 GT Tyre life. by Tenequip
[Today at 03:21:48 AM]

Install on the buttons of the pineapples led light by digital
[Yesterday at 11:07:55 PM]

Lowering Foot Pegs by Rick505
[Yesterday at 10:02:49 PM]

Wind screen shenanigans by digital
[Yesterday at 08:40:33 AM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Shark Evo One 2 helmet - opinions?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Re: Shark Evo One 2 helmet - opinions?
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »
Sorry, CAM, that was my silly typo.  The price was GBP 350, not 250.  Still a good price though; I wandered down the hill (Westgate Road, Newcastle, for those who know the area) to find the same helmet selling at GBP514
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline CAM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Comox
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »
Great deal and I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. I've been using a Neotec for 3 seasons now and really like it so if the Neotec 11 is an upgrade to mine it should do everything well. Some report that Modulars are somewhat noisy but, like others, I also wear earplugs and find the noise level acceptable, especially on the Trophy. I do find my Arai RX-Q is quieter than the Shoei while riding the Sprint.

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »
I got the shark ext 950.  It's a modular with a visor.  So far does everything I wanted it to.  I got it for riding my Tiger 955i.  It does fine on the trophy too.
Big Country

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Black Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »
Came down to the Shoei Neotec 2 and the Shark Evo One 2 for me. Ended up buying the Shoei but, will purchase the Shark as a second, down the road. Do like how the chin piece rotates all the way to the back of the helmet! :169:

Offline Flux_Capctr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lubsy, MD
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 04:32:19 AM »
When I was shopping for a new helmet I saw the Shark Evo one but decided against it as the helmet's shape wasnt going to work for me. I liked the flip back design so much though that I wound up getting the LS2 Valiant in "Black Chrome". Great helmet; that chinbar design, aesthetics aside, is brilliant! Although, it is heavier than some and quite noisy. However, if you raise the windshield as you increase speed, the noise isnt an issue at all.

As for comms, I have a Freecom 4 fitted with the remote mic placed somewhat awkwardly on the front of the left cheek pad. I have had zero issues with it's placement. I originally went with the boom mic but hated how I had to adjust it nearly every time I opened or closed the chin bar. Still, the unit works well in conjuction with the design of the helmet. I actually have it mounted right on top of the sun shield slider which worked out perfectly considering the wires come out of the rear of the cradle.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 07:33:49 AM »
I've ridden a few thousand miles now with the Shoei Neotec II in all sorts of weathers and I have to say it's been brilliant.  In temperatures of 30+ degrees c the ability to ride with the helmet open (it is certified for that) has been fantastic.  The boom mic (of my Interphone FX4T) has never got in the way.  The only issue I had at one point was the lining around the forehead starting to get a bit smelly due to perspiration.  However the lining comes out very easily and a quick wash in a washing machine sorted it.

Interestingly, on the St. Malo to Portsmouth ferry on my last trip I met a former TTSE owner (now riding a BMW) who had exactly the same helmet...his opinion was the same as mine. He would go buy another tomorrow if he lost the use of his.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 07:35:22 AM by Novocastrian »
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB