* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Gopro camera mount photos  (Read 19557 times)

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Gopro camera mount photos
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
Photos of the Gopro mount on the Trophy. This is obviously a personal option as the mounts can be placed anywhere.

Used the Flat sticker pad.

seadog
seadog

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Gopro camera mount photos
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
Thansk for that sea dog.... I used to mount my GoPro on the front Fairing of my K1200S using a sucker mount rather than the stick on one.

Great if you have the LCD backpack as you can then see what is in shot. Also easy to get at the shutter button to start filming.

Only downsides I had were placing was a little low so lots of shots of crash barriers and hedgerows..... watch out for that!

Also prone to getting flies and bugs on the lens while travelling which can ruin a set of pics or a film.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
 :008:Cropbiker I agree. As you know the stickers can be removed safely but cannot be used again unless you glue them permanent. But I wouldnt use them on a moving vehicle.

With the mount I used there is plenty of movement in the camera so didnt get too low shots. I did get a bug on the lens :745:

I did some video that came out OK you didnt see any of the bike in the video. Then I set it on 30sec photo. By the time I got back from Whitby to Thirsk it had taken nearly 200 photos :745:

When I ran them back there was a lot of empty road :745:

May set it on a quicker time. I have contemplated the LCD back pac and think it could be worth it. Tried to link the iphone but having difficulty.

Back at work again so will have to wait till I get back. unless the camera is protected you are always susceptible to rain spots and bugs.

But happy with the camera results no vibration or blurring.

seadog

seadog

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 09:58:40 PM »
My last big tour I had the GoPro set to snap every 10 seconds..... Took THOUSANDS of pics on each leg... Probably deleted 95% of them or more but managed to get some great shots that I kept!

Used the full HD video for a few of the more special segments, including crossing the Millau viaduct. managed to get a bug on the lens for that though! Grrrrr

It was off to one side though so not too distracting. If it had been the BBC would have made a dozen crossings and chosen the best but only did it once!

On the TT I will be mounting at the rear, ooh er missus, will give it a little more height and catch me in the shots too!

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »
I really fancy one but the price puts me off. In the meantime I shall have to make do with Sarah taking photos from the back.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
There are more and more cheaper alternatives now, many that look like direct ripoffs of the GoPro.

I am not sure how the quality compares, t he GoPro is always given top marks, but then it should do for the price..

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »
I agree not the cheapest on the market. Took me a while to get one as I reviewed   at a few.

I like the gopro as it can be used in any sport including diving or watersports. I can fix it to my daughter as she rides her horses and a good training aid.

Thinking of attaching it to the dogs see where they go. :745:

Plus the quality is TOPS

seadog
seadog

Offline flyingz06

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Indiana
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 01:02:11 PM »
suction cup mount!  Much better and easier.

tweedy-bunch