Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Zumo 660  (Read 973 times)

Offline BigPoppa

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Antioch
Re: Zumo 660
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 07:06:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by BigPoppa [+]
I have the Zumo paired via Bluetooth to my phone only for traffic data. My Trophy still has just my Sena and my phone (for calls) synced to it. Took a bit of fiddling with the Garmin and my Android phone to get it to sync audio and phone calls to the bike and data to the GPS.

I'm not sure the traffic data portion is working correctly though even though the Garmin and my phone both say they're paired together. I haven't felt the need to troubleshoot further though since here in California we can lane split anyway so I rarely run into any traffic issues that impact me to a large degree (unless a freeway is closed or something like that).

Upodate: I never could get the dual bluetooth pairing working correctly with my Android. I recently upgraded to an iPhone and I have confirmed that the dual bluetooth pairing is working fine. The GPS gets its traffic data from my cell phone and I get my phone calls through the Trophy (retaining the ability to accept or deny calls via the switchgear).

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Chicago, IL
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 10:33:42 PM »
I had a 660 that came with a bike and installed it on my Trophy and then on my Dad's Fat Boy. I found it to be slow. I bought a 595LM and installed the cradle on my Trophy.  The 660 and 595 use similar mounts.  I like the way that the 595 uses the Garmin app on my android phone to get wx, traffic and any other search data.  I have a RAM x-mount that holds the phone horizontally via MapleFarkles ball mount.  When on a trip, I have the Garmin GPS showing my pre-planned route.  My phone displays real time weather radar via my favorite wx app set to follow my location.  Any audio I listen to is bluetoothed to my Cardo G9 as GPS via the Trophy audio system .  The phone is also connected via bluetooth to my Cardo as phone. Any songs / audio books are stored on a USB stick in the glove box and are accessed by the hand controls.  I tried to set this up using the 660 and found it frustrating.  I don't like to figit with things while I'm riding, so when I find a setup I like, I tend to just go with it.  This works for me and doesn't distract me while riding. In my honest opinion, I would not go back to the 660 after using the 595LM for a year now. 
Second Wave Founding Member Twisted Trophies

Bike: 17 TTSE - Phantom Black  "Toothless the Night Fury"

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 11:40:08 PM »
It's funny you say all of that stuff, as my experience is the opposite. My 665LM (same as the 660 but with Sirius XM) was definitely faster than my 595 is. I regularly get turn guidance after it's too late to act on it with the 595, and never remember that happening ever one time with the 665.

Also I can't stand that the 595 needs to have a data connection with my phone for traffic and weather. The 665 had all of that built in. Adter using the 595 for almost a year, I can't think of a single thing that it's better at than the 665.

The ultimate case of YMMV I guess :)

Offline Hoovooloo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Chicago, IL
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 12:15:26 AM »
Yea, it could be bluetooth versions, app versions, any number of things could cause issues.  This works for me and this opinion is worth what it cost.  nuthin'. 
Second Wave Founding Member Twisted Trophies

Bike: 17 TTSE - Phantom Black  "Toothless the Night Fury"