Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What's everyone got planned for this year?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
Re: What's everyone got planned for this year?
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »
Master, Sounds like a plan. Does Ravenscar have a pub? 

PM your mobile number and I'll contact you when I get to Robin Hood Bay.
 If I figure out a schedule before I leave home I'll let you know. 

Phil

Offline Dad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cookeville, TN
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
Planning a late July trip to Nova Scotia to visit friends and family with a stop in New Hampshire and Vermont to visit the daughter and old work mates. Around 4 thousand miles so

Offline Brian Ross

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Léger Magnazeix
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 10:04:31 PM »
From mid France we have Trophy riding friends from UK joining us late May to head down to Toulon, via Millau and Gorges du Tarn, for the ferry to Corsica. 4 nights there then ferry to Genoa and a short ride to the Italian lakes, then a couple of nights in Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland before heading West again to Dijon and Troyes, where we split up as our friends head for Le Havre and we return home.
Brian

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 11:49:57 AM »
2019 is shaping up to be a busy year.  I just got back from the Iron Butt Association Spring Pizza Party in Jacksonville, Fl.  On the way down I completed a MS1000 (www.ms1000.org) meeting with Paul Pellend in Daytona to sign as my finishing witness.  A few days later I completed the JAX Life's a Beach 1000 of which a good portion was through devastated areas of the Florida panhandle from Hurricane Michael last year.

Next month will be a business trip ride down to Atlanta and then later in the month I'll be competing in the Rock-n-Ride Rally (33 hour scavenger hunt) leaving from Youngstown, OH to near Bowling Green, KY.  This will be my only tune-up from the big event.

On June 15 I leave for Greenville, SC for the beginning of the Iron Butt Rally.  This will be my rookie effort at the 11 day scavenger hunt across all part of the USA and Canada.  11 days, 11,000 miles so they say.

I'm signed up for the Tour of Honor again but I'm not sure how hard I will hit it this year.

The season should finish with The Void Rally (32 hour) in early October.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 06:31:57 PM »
Wow tdragger, you certainly have some miles to do. Enjoy it!

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 09:11:19 AM »
A trip to the North West coast of Scotland and Western Isles late in May. Edinburgh to Grantown-on-Spey, Ullapool, and ferry across to the Isles of Harris, North and South Uist, Eriskay, Barra, ferry back to Oban and return to Edinburgh. Not many bike miles, but excited to visit places we have never seen before, and hopefully before the midges start feeding. Previously visited the Isles of Bute, Mull and of course Skye.
England and Wales host the cricket World Cup at several "biking" venues in June/July (that's my escape "sans-pillion"). All subsequent trips this year depend on decent summer weather, possibly Isle of Man, or Irish West coast. Finally will hire bikes in September for trips around Western Cape in South Africa. That's my thrill sorted for the year!
cecilt

Offline jrr

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Near Madison, WI
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 03:51:17 PM »
Took my new to me 17 Trophy SE to Texas Hill country early in March (trailered it).  ~1000 miles in 5 riding days, great escape from the winter tedium.  4 couples plus bikes on the trip so lots of social, riding, margaritas, Mexican, BBQ, San Antonio Riverwalk and one night of honky tonks in Banderas.

Hauling it to Boston in August.  Making a loop from Boston to the Cabot Trail (via ferry), Prince Edward Island for the pillion Anne of Green Gables fan, two nights in Quebec City and back to Boston with a stop near Mt. Washington.  Never done New England before so something different.

Hill Country riding buddy is after me to join him early in October for trip to the Smoky's.  Oldest child lives in Nashville so this might be an easy one to embrace..........

Online baz1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 09:44:33 PM »
Heading to Spain & Portugal in a few weeks. Long weekend in Wales with an ex Police rider to polish up the skills in July. Last but not least  a trip to Ypres in Early September. Too many other holidays booked this year to do some decent bike trips.