* Recent New Topics

What attracted you to your Wife? by cecilt
[Today at 08:18:44 AM]


List of Abbreviations by Coconut
[Yesterday at 04:52:08 PM]


Cost of road tax by bobv07662
[Yesterday at 05:00:41 AM]


It seems appropriate. by digital
[Yesterday at 01:48:28 AM]


Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Grip Puppies  (Read 1847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dietDrThunder

  • Trophy Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 238
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
  • Country: USA
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 04:30:38 AM »
Just as an fyi, you don't remove anything to install grip puppies either. They just slide on.

Offline Flux_Capctr

  • Trophy Member
  • **
  • Posts: 18
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lubsy, MD
  • Country: USA
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
I have these installed on my Trophy. I have to admit that, while they do wonders to ease the pain in my hands from trying to hold on to such a small handle, they don't do as much as I had hoped in the realm of vibration isolation. Either way they are great, inexpensive, and relatively easy to install.

Online earthman

  • Trophy Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1771
    • View Profile
  • Country: UK
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
Am I right in saying that these are basically bits of foam?

Back in the eighties one of my bikes came with foam grips of some sort, I just remember them getting soaked when it rained and the feeling of gripping them, yuk.
Is this the case with these??

Offline Wilko

  • Trophy Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 509
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
  • Country: UK
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by earthman [+]
Am I right in saying that these are basically bits of foam?

Back in the eighties one of my bikes came with foam grips of some sort, I just remember them getting soaked when it rained and the feeling of gripping them, yuk.
Is this the case with these??


Earthman, I fitted these as the original seemed to be disintegrating, with my hand sticking to them, It was on this forum that someone said to fit them, perhaps Coconut  :084:...anyway, apart from them making the bar slightly thicker, yes, they are foam, but they do not hold water. 
Paul Wilko

Online earthman

  • Trophy Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1771
    • View Profile
  • Country: UK
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 07:23:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wilko [+]

Earthman, I fitted these as the original seemed to be disintegrating, with my hand sticking to them, It was on this forum that someone said to fit them, perhaps Coconut  :084:...anyway, apart from them making the bar slightly thicker, yes, they are foam, but they do not hold water.

Thanks, I'm amazed, your bike lives outside too doesn't it, I would have thought that the first time you grip the bars, the rain water would be squeezed out.

Offline Wilko

  • Trophy Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 509
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
  • Country: UK
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »
Earthman, yes, it is out doors, but it is covered over though, there is a name for the type of foam, but I can't think of it  :027:
Paul Wilko

Offline janfmiller

  • Trophy Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 810
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
  • Country: USA
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 02:25:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Wilko [+]
Earthman, yes, it is out doors, but it is covered over though, there is a name for the type of foam, but I can't think of it  :027:

"Waterproof"

 :047:
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline Coconut

  • Trophy God
  • *****
  • Posts: 7970
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
  • Country: UK
Re: Grip Puppies
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:36 AM »
Neoprene ?

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

 



tweedy-bunch