Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 10k on.................  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
10k on.................
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:03:37 am »
Well I am nearly at my first service so i thought I would post what changes have happened to the bike.

Engine - just as smooth no real change

Throttle - With fly by wire, I found that if the throttle was the slightest bit open, the engine would be revving appropriately. on non fly by wire bikes, the throttle would be shut even though it was still open a fraction. I got around this by physically making sure the throttle was at the stop each time. In the last few hundred miles I have noticed that the throttle has slackened slightly and that even if the throttle is open a bit the engine is at tickover. This makes for easier riding (I hope I have explained it properly).

Gearbox - Now is less clunky and very smooth. To the extent that I can change up the box without using the clutch.

All in all the bike has become much more rideable. Additionally, my backache has stopped so even my body has got used to the bike.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: 10k on.................
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 01:23:17 pm »
Interesting, as I thought the gearbox was super smooth and precise (demo bike had 3000kms on it). I suupose it depends on what you are coming from  :002:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »
Every bike has a different riding geometry and it is surprising how some very small changes can impact things like back ache!

As you have found Berber, you eventually find the right position for you on the new bike and all the pain is history....... If all goes well!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:21:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]
Every bike has a different riding geometry and it is surprising how some very small changes can impact things like back ache!

As you have found Berber, you eventually find the right position for you on the new bike and all the pain is history....... If all goes well!

Indeed Cropbiker. This month I have ridden to work nearly every day and been on it at weekends (thanks to our brief summer). I believe that continious time in the saddle has helped.

George Harrison

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:22:52 pm »
*Originally Posted by saaz [+]
Interesting, as I thought the gearbox was super smooth and precise (demo bike had 3000kms on it). I suupose it depends on what you are coming from  :002:

This is my first shaft drive. I found it a little clunky. The 'clunks' has now gone and it is silky smooth.

George Harrison

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »
Having had shaft drive for a while now I would never go back to chain!

All that nonsense adjusting and oiling!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch