Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: hello all from Deeside  (Read 525 times)

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: hello all from Deeside
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »
Welcome aboard  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Pro
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisconsin N. Woods
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »
 :408:

I suspect that it won’t be long before your ST1300 is supporting the Trophy!  :821:

Offline GED THE REF

• Trophy Junior
  • GED THE REF
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Deeside
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
:400: to the forum.
Many thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I can help and assist other members along the way. G
If your in the area you are always welcome for a coffee and any assistance required will be happily provided.

GED

Offline GED THE REF

• Trophy Junior
  • GED THE REF
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by GarminDave [+]
:400: and  :821:

Do the ST1300 and TTSE, not both do the same job?  As said before love to hear real World comparison.

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

*Originally Posted by Verdun95 [+]
Welcome aboard  :821:
*Originally Posted by 1675 [+]
Welcome. 2 nice bikes and a nice place in the world to live. I would be interested how you rate the Triumph to the Pan.

Hi my friend , You are probably right they do. However I couldn't resist getting on a triumph again, the trophy SE suits my "long commute" unfortunately the price you can get for SH ST1300 it wasn't worth me selling it and it will be a handy "alternative".

GED
If your in the area you are always welcome for a coffee and any assistance required will be happily provided.

GED

Offline GED THE REF

• Trophy Junior
  • GED THE REF
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 05:50:10 PM »
Welcome. 2 nice bikes and a nice place in the world to live. I would be interested how you rate the Triumph to the Pan.

Many thanks for the welcome. I'm sure the help & advise from the members will be limitless and I'm happy to advise and help in any way I can.

Having spent many years in the military, mostly as a Military police motorcycle instructor hopefully I have some knowledge and experience's I can share.

GED

GED

Offline GED THE REF

• Trophy Junior
  • GED THE REF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 05:53:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp [+]
:408:

I suspect that it won’t be long before your ST1300 is supporting the Trophy!  :821:

Hi, That's the plan although always good to have a decent alternative- "a change is as good as a rest" as they say.

GED

GED

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 07:11:53 PM »
I once had a ride on a Harley badged Can Am army bike (if I remember correctly). It wouldn't be good to make a getaway from an advancing army, even one on foot!

Offline GED THE REF

• Trophy Junior
  • GED THE REF
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 08:53:41 AM »
I once had a ride on a Harley badged Can Am army bike (if I remember correctly). It wouldn't be good to make a getaway from an advancing army, even one on foot!

Yes I remember those, although they were a big improvement on the earlier Bombardier's. At least the can am's had electric start (not a compression lever & kick start)

When they first arrive they had plastic panniers each side of the front forks ,these were removed & thrown away very quickly. However once you added police kit they became very heavy and a dog to ride especially off road.

GED