* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Windscreen options  (Read 2003 times)

Offline NeXTer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE(L) 13
  • City / Town: Link÷ping
Windscreen options
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:44:40 pm »
Has any of you guys had an opportunity to compare the CalSci screens (or MRA, Laminar Lip, etc.) to Triumph's touring screen?

My bike (demo bike sold at a discount) came with the latter and I have a real problem with how it directs the air either directly at my nose at the lowest setting, or causes buffeting when raised, neither of which is very pleasant on long journeys.

If I put the seat in the high position the blast hits the chin guard, which is still too high (and loud), not sure if the stock screen would work any better, one inch shorter translates to what, about a centimetre in real height?

I suspect that my C3 lid is at its best (quietest) when exposed to the clean air well above the blast from the screen, but it would be nice if raising the screen in inclement weather was still an option without buffeting or backdrafts.

The CalSci "shorty" screen seems a bit tempting at this point, or possibly the medium one with the same height as stock, but I'm open to suggestions (I know it's a higly personal choice, but I'd like to at least rule out a few obvious non-starters before I set out to find the holy grail).

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Windscreen options
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 03:20:02 pm »
Hi NeXTer

There is a thread already about this and photos too.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline NeXTer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE(L) 13
  • City / Town: Link÷ping
Re: Windscreen options
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »
Yes, I debated with myself over whether to add my question to the existing topic or not and obviously picked wrong.

If a moderator would be so kind as to remove this topic, that'd be great.