Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pirelli Angel GT II  (Read 1954 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Pirelli Angel GT II
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »
With Revzilla you have to go back and select a location again, select the location, then the size, and it will show if they are actually in stock.  I had the same problem, but found out if you try to change the size or location without going back to square one by clicking on location, then select location, then front or rear, then size, it works, and yes they do have both front and rear "A" spec's in stock.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
With Revzilla you have to go back and select a location again, select the location, then the size, and it will show if they are actually in stock.  I had the same problem, but found out if you try to change the size or location without going back to square one by clicking on location, then select location, then front or rear, then size, it works, and yes they do have both front and rear "A" spec's in stock.

Be sure you actually get the "A" spec's when you receive them. Sometimes they send out the wrong ones. Just FYI.
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 12:02:59 AM »
Yes, be sure to check.  At one time the "A" in A spec did not look like this, which made no sense,and was not in a conspicuous place according to e-mails back and forth when that spec tire first came out by Pirelli.  I had a running communication with them regarding that spec tire and availability for my big K bike, and they gave me specific information about how to tell if it was and where the letter that denoted it was.  Not sure about now, so it may be worth e-mailing them to get specific answers.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 02:27:08 PM »
I can't speak for others but the Pirelli Angel ST rear that came OEM disintegrated at near end of life on my Trophy. Tread looked fine when I started the day and 150 miles in, the rear had 4 canvas patches showing! I ride 'spirited' but not a peg-scraper so that turned me off for ever considering the ST again. I had good experiences with the PR3, PR4GT, and RS3. The PR5 was fried after 3k miles. Sides were melting off in beads! Obviously, YMMV but I average 6k regardless of brand, max of 7k.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:29:04 PM by Ray_B »
Ray

Offline Flux_Capctr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lubsy, MD
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 02:07:49 PM »
I'm curious, what is the difference between the Pirelli Angel STs and GTs? :187:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 03:53:45 PM »
Can't resist this  :007:

.... Depending on where you buy them from about £50 !   :745:

:431:

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
From my personal experience, the GT and GT2 must be a better compound or carcass than the ST because I haven't heard of the GTs coming apart like the STs. The GT2s are supposedly a stiffer carcass than the GT for heavier bikes.
Ray

Offline bjtourer

• Trophy Member
  • Sooo, what is around the next corner?
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bendigo
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 09:30:38 AM »
Interesting.  I'm on my 2nd set of Angel GT's after seeing over 18,000kms (15,000mls?) out of the 1st set.  These have converted me from Pirelli Pilot's as, although both tyres have long wear, the Angels are so wonderfully flickable.  It keeps the 'sport' in 'tourer'.  Types of roads I ride around here are typically straight and sweepers.  But I hunt out the roads that require frequent gear changes and knees down.  The tyres are up for it.  They also handle rain and dirt fine.  I haven't been through snow or black ice in recent years though.

tweedy-bunch