Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: To those having problems.  (Read 10209 times)

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
To those having problems.
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »
You and I willfully purchased the first model year of a new motorcycle. That is something I have always avoided, but based on my experience with 5 other Triumphs I took a chance. Those who are bashing this great bike, did you even consider this when you purchased your TSE?

I have yet to see a problem Triumph has not addressed. Yes, there are lousy dealers, take your business elsewhere. As for me, I am taking my TSE out again today, like every day.

Ride safe

Gary

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire
Re: To those having problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 06:44:48 pm »
Of course I considered the 'risk' of a new model ........ but my current problem with the pannier locks isn't a new design .......... they have used the same on the Sprints for a while!

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »
It could be a problem with the supplier. Not much quality control anywhere these days.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »
Cant believe your trash talking a ride because of a lock failure on your pannier  and not a total failure you just have to use your existing key to open it , is that correct that there can't be a non key access position ...?
I just went a looked at the pannier , lock is accessible , there are a number of small torx screws that hold the rear inner liner of you pannier in place my thoughts are if they are removed the plastic liner is removable and bingo there is the lock assembly .... :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 07:56:57 am »
Thanks all. I didn't even know there was the ability to leave the box/pannier closed but not locked. I have been using my key every time.  :027:

Great forum, when one person's moan is another's salvation. :015:
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:02:43 am »
I did think about the first model potential problem, but as I will be getting one of the next batch that are built that might qualify for 'lessons learnt'.  Considering that forums tend to highlight problems far more than happy owners who don't feel a need to post, there don't seem to be any more problems than many other new vehicles with their percentage of problems.  If issues were not being addressed that would be an different issue.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 10:14:58 am »
I nearly always ride with the panniers and top box unlocked.
I only lock them if I am parked up in a non-secure location!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 11:21:40 am »
I am aware that the potential for problems is high with first year models, but that hasn't stopped me from buying my last three Triumphs.
My '08 Rocket III Touring had minor issues, covered under warranty.  I had one major failure after 44k miles, but nothing before that point. It was a first year model.
My '11 Tiger 800XC had no issues in the 20k miles I had it.  It was a first year model.
My '13 Trophy SE has had no issues, other than the fuel tank recall, so far.  "Knocks on wood"
I've been fortunate and lucky with Triumphs  :047:

tweedy-bunch