Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What is the "STATE" of the Trophy SE?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline demonbane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: Stirling
Re: What is the "STATE" of the Trophy SE?
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:35 PM »
ok wheres this "sport mode? "  :084:
abs,traction control, tes suspension, two up one up but never seen sport mode

*Originally Posted by Robster [+]
Just done a 500 mile weekend trip to Cornwall two up fully loaded with top box, side cases and tank bag. Bike pulled like a train and didn't miss a beat. Rode to work Monday morning, put her in Sport mode and enjoyed throwing her around again without all the added weight.  :007:

If we all worried about reliability issues the roads would be empty. And ignore people who post negatives on forums when they should be out having fun. Life's too short as it is.  :016:

Offline BigPoppa

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Antioch
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
It should be one of the suspension settings...Normal, Sport, or Comfort IIRC.

Offline demonbane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: Stirling
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 05:40:12 PM »
yep found it, i remember setting it to sport once now when i first picked it up..

made the bike bouncy bouncy like tigger between aberfoyle and glasgow with the road undulations!

decided if it aint broke dont #### with it!

so mines set to 2 up comfort  :001:

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 05:44:42 PM »
Sport, Normal, & Comfort settings are to stiffen or soften rebound on-the-fly based on riding style. The TES settings are for sag (static weight adjustment) only when stopped. Press & hold select button while Comfort, Sport, or Normal are displayed in center line of display and scroll to desired setting and then select.
Ray

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 07:23:12 PM »
Note that you can play around quite a bit to get things just right, because you also have the rider only/two-up setting too.

I like a firm, well-controlled suspension that is taught enough for athletic riding on tighter roads, but still isn't jarring to tour. For my size combined with the heavy-ish farkling I've got (fuel cell w. Pelican top box for example) I find that normal/2-up is the perfect setting for me as a solo rider. Don't worry about what the words are, just think of all of them as equally available options, and try em all!

Offline Jings

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Norfolk
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2019, 12:36:23 PM »
Just done a 1,000 mile weekend to Scotland. Bike was perfect. Good to give her a good run and stretch her legs. She'll sit happily at 110mph all day.

Gary, I too remember when you bought your TTSE, how excited you were. Just use the thing and enjoy it. Be safe brother.

Offline MattKas

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Blue TTSE
  • City / Town: Chandler
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »
if you are complaining about 2017 model you should seen my 2013 model :-) lol.My 2013 model had many issues number; one being overheating and discharging coolant. I am so far happy with my 2017 model. No overheating what so ever and handles well. I have only 2K miles on it so far. My recommendation is keep riding your bike. 2017 model being the last model year I believe Triumph fixed most if not all issues with the bike.

*Originally Posted by GaryWWhite [+]
Honestly, I don't ride much as I get very bummed reading comments on this Forum of all the people selling their TTSE's and complaining about all the mechanical problems they are having as well as the poor service Triumph Dealers are affording.  Frankly, because of the drastic collapse of the worth of the TTSE, I am stuck with the bike based on what I purchased it at. It is a 2017 with 1200 miles.  I feel like if I ride the bike it will break and there will be no way to get it effectively repaired.  That is one reason I have stayed away From the Forum as I think I made a big mistake in buying this bike.  I have left it stock as I feel putting anything on the bike would be like throwing money away as you could never recoup the investment.  It is an ok bike but I really wished I had gotten another Harley. Just sayin'!
Matt Kas
Chandler, AZ
2017 TTSE, 2015 BMW K1600 GTLE and 2016 Honda NC700X DCT

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
  • Born in the USA but really like the UK
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Lees Summit, MO
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2019, 09:16:58 PM »
 :821: Just remembered why I bought my TTSE!  It was all the great camaraderie I got from all you guys!!!
Thanks so much for all the kind and heartfelt input on making me love my Trophy again.  Hey, I even told the wife that I am seriously thinking about getting the Russell Day Long seat and a backrest.  AND, even feeling comfortable about taking the wife on her first ride as I am that comfortable with riding the bike now. Planning to put some miles on this jewel this Spring, Summer and Fall.  My best to you all!!
Gary :152:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

tweedy-bunch