DIY cam chain tensioner replacement by earthman
[Today at 07:47:10 AM]

Final Drive Oil Leak by earthman
[Today at 07:37:22 AM]

Mysterious Blank Screen by Triplenut
[Today at 01:08:35 AM]

No Horn, Front & Rear Position Lights or Brake Light. by digital
[Yesterday at 09:53:18 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Supplementing the Trophy - what else do you own?  (Read 2974 times)

Offline jid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TrophySE
  • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
Supplementing the Trophy - what else do you own?
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
Love my trophy.  Like many I want to ADD to the stable. What else do you all ride when you arenít on your Trophy?

I used to have a T120.   I liked it in the looks department but no matter what I did I couldnít get comfortable on it.  I donít mean driving it... I just mean that at 6 feet 200 pounds I never got the Geometry right. Raising the barís, lowering the bars, raising the pegs lowering the pegs...  changing seats.   It was -ok- but never super comfortable.  Even trying every seat in existence.

Thoughts on what to ride?

JD

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
Re: Supplementing the Trophy - what else do you own?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:53:10 PM »
I wanted to enter a different genre of motorcycling and motorcycle camping.  I found a gem of 2006 955i Tiger. It was cheap and offers me an entrance into the adventure scene. I was the opposite of you.  I sold my trophy because I needed some coin and thought the Tiger was sufficient to scratch all my itches.   It is an awesome bike.  I was missing something and purchased another Trophy.  All that said, without a doubt my next purchase has will be a new Scrambler.   Wow,  at 6'4" it fits much much better than the T120s. 
Big Country

Offline nb101

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Houston, Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 03:20:53 AM »
I have a Yamaha FZ1, which is great for when I feel like going really fast and a Honda nc700x which is great around town. I've recently been eyeing a Tiger 955i, but I can't decide if there's too much overlap with the Trophy which is, of course, my favorite  :007:

Offline jid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TrophySE
  • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:38:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by bigcountry [+]
I wanted to enter a different genre of motorcycling and motorcycle camping.  I found a gem of 2006 955i Tiger. It was cheap and offers me an entrance into the adventure scene. I was the opposite of you.  I sold my trophy because I needed some coin and thought the Tiger was sufficient to scratch all my itches.   It is an awesome bike.  I was missing something and purchased another Trophy.  All that said, without a doubt my next purchase has will be a new Scrambler.   Wow,  at 6'4" it fits much much better than the T120s.

Tell me a little more about the fit of the scrambler.  Is it more sport bike or more cruiser?  I love the style.  I love the Tiger too but kept the Trophy.  I still sit on tigers though.  Just havenít pulled the trigger.  Have NOT sat on a street scrambler..  so that may be an option!

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 02:06:33 PM »
I have a 2013 Trophy which I believe is the best riding bike I have ever had.  That said, it is a little heavy for this old guy if I do not need its comfort for longer distance riding.

However, since I love the engine of the Trophy I was drawn to a 2015 Explorer XC last year that I found with almost no miles on it.  Although it was tall, I was able to lower it using Lust links.

The Explorer fits OK now and it is about 100 pounds lighter than the Trophy.

It is fast, and fun to ride, although, as you would suspect, the wind protection is not there.

In a year or two, I am going to need to go even lighter if I want to keep riding, but until then, loving both of these Triumphs.

Ride Safe,

ZShyster

Offline GavJ

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1215
  • City / Town: Strathaven
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »
A Lexus GS....... electric windows, heated seats and cruise control are all minimum requirements  :745:

Joking aside, I use the Trophy for long runs, short runs, good weather, bad weather, even nipping down to the shops for a pint of milk. The only thing i don't use it for is off road.. but I'm sure someone will have tried it  :015:

If I did get a second bike I honestly don't know what I would go for? I did keep my Tiger 1050 for a while after I bought the trophy but it wasn't getting used so it was moved on.....

Offline ShaunDW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Simonstone, Lancs
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »
I've got a mildly tuned Honda 650 Bros (or Hawk in the States). This is my track bike, and country road blaster and it ain't half bad for a 30 year old bike (that I have owned for 24 years).

I've done more miles on the Trophy though...
Pacific Blue Trophy A1
Honda Bros 650 (since import from Japan in '95)
History (best of):
KE125, CB250T, DT400, GS425, GS650G, XR200, CB900F2, FJ1200, K1200RS

Offline ChiefMn

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St. Paul
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »
1948 Harley Panhead.About as opposite as possible.