Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another BlueTooth headset thread - Cardo  (Read 453 times)

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
Another BlueTooth headset thread - Cardo
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
Ok, so let's start with this.

1. Has anyone here simply paired their Cardo Packtalk Bold (or similar - post model) to the bike's BT, and had satisfactory performance re: listening to XM, MP3's etc.?

2. If you have had success with this, Did you have a GPS plugged into the hard wire on the bike?

3. If yes, did the GPS interrupt your listening so that you could hear your turn-by-turn instructions, then return to the music you were listening to?

I am going to expand on this, but I want to start basic, in an effort to possibly isolate some of the issues various folks have had. Thanks!

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
Re: Another BlueTooth headset thread - Cardo
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »
I use a Cardo G9.

1. I have it paired to the Trophy's Bluetooth. I don't listen to MP3s, but I live on Sirius XM, my I-tunes, and at times, the FM radio.
2.  Yes.  I have a Garmin Zumo 660 in the OEM mount, hard wired to power and sound.
3.  Yes. When navigating, the Garmin will interrupt the music to give turn-based directions, then resume the music.
4.  I can receive calls, but not make them.  I can hear when a text comes in, but have to stop and read the text from the phone.

Before the Trophy, I had a bike without it's own Bluetooth.  I had my Garmin and iPhone paired to the Cardo.  That was great because I could talk to Siri; listen to texts, compose new ones, take and receive calls, all hands free.
With the Trophy Bluetooth, I don't get Siri and all she did for me, but I do get Sirius XM.  A tradeoff I guess.
Twisted Trophies Charter Member

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »
You should be able to pair the Trophy and the phone to your Cardo since your nav is going through the Trophy's audio.  I think it has 2 separate bluetooth channels doesn't it?  Mine can't work that way since I only have nav through a bluetooth connection and not hard wired to the Trophy system.  Both my bluetooth channels are taken up by the Trophy and the phone, and I don't want the phone paired with the TomTom in case I'm running around locally and decide to leave the nav at home but still may want the phone.  It's simpler not to have to pair and unpair.  What this world needs is a multi channel bluetooth receiver that will broadcast to one or two bluetooth channels and prioritize the transmission exactly the same way current headsets do so the helmet only has to pair with one item and all the functions work properly.  Don't know if there is some FCC rule preventing that but you would think some bright mind had already thought of it and built and patented it.  Imagine how many motorcyclists would like to have a $100 item that solves all these connection issues.  No volume control, function control, speaker connection, just a pairing/unpairing function, and powered by usb on the bike or portable power.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 10:13:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
You should be able to pair the Trophy and the phone to your Cardo since your nav is going through the Trophy's audio. 

Yes, yo_should_ be able to do that. As per my previous posts, it doesn't work properly. That's why I'm asking folks to answer the specific questions above, in an attempt to isolate the issue.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
The Trophy audio on my Sena only works properly when paired as the phone, and the phone paired as a "second mobile phone" pairing according to the Sena instructions.  If the Trophy is paired as the second mobile phone connection on mine I get no audio from the bike.  Why that is I don't know, but it's always been that way on mine.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies