Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New bike to farkle up  (Read 1935 times)

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
New bike to farkle up
« on: April 29, 2019, 09:52:29 pm »
Just put a deposit down on a 2017 SE which will hopefully be delivered on Friday. Have to hope the buyer for my BMW GSA comes through with the money or the wife wont be impressed.

I have 3 weeks before a tour of Spain & Portugal so I have to be quick in getting some extras ordered.

Crash protection- looks like it will have to be R&G
Tank bag. I have used Bagster for the past 20 years but it doesn't look like there is one for the Trophy. Has anyone tried the SW Motech ring system or is there anything else similar out there on the UK market ? Only need 10-15 litres.
Topbox backrest.

My Autocom, Garmin 590, PDM60  and bike to bike radio will be fitted this weekend.

Any other essentials ?

Cheers Baz

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: New bike to farkle up
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 11:58:28 pm »
Cortech makes a small expandable tank bag that will mount to the front Trophy mounting point with a parachute buckle, and I put a strap loop on the rear buckles and ran a web strap through the loops and it connects to buckles I have attached underneath the front of the seat.  Good point about mounting that way is that you can disconnect the front buckle and tilt it up to get to the fuel filler without taking it completely off.  Took a little imagination and a visit to my wife's favorite fabric store for all the bits to make it work.  Turned out there is a triangular metal piece with a hole exactly the right size for the Trophy's cross bar on the front of the seat and it has a slot in one end to run a strap through and attach to a female buckle for the rear mount.  Very secure and easy to use, lift the seat and store the buckles in a vacant area underneath if your not using the tank bag, or do like I did and make an elastic strap to attach to the buckles that keeps them snug against the seat and ready for use any time.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:48:54 am »
Bagster  don't make a specific cover for the Trophy but the universal one will work fine . I use this with the Bagster sherpa tank bag.

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:50:01 am »
That’s great thanks, I’ll place an order for the universal harness :028:

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:23:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by johnbut [+]
Bagster  don't make a specific cover for the Trophy but the universal one will work fine . I use this with the Bagster sherpa tank bag.

Does the bag catch the bars at all? I sat my alpha bag on the bike today and it was very close witout being on a lock.
Cheers

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 07:27:31 pm »
The sherpa does catch on full lock but it is the biggest bag that they make. It has only really been a problem when making a u turn.

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 07:39:53 pm »
OK Cheers

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 07:06:26 am »
Full day yesterday. All plastics off to install Satnav, PDM 60 , Autocom , bike to bike radio & R&G crash bars. While I was at it I gave everything a clean off with GT85. Ill need to get some ACF- 50 on order as there are small areas of corrosion on the engine block.

tweedy-bunch