Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: First solo trip - Ireland  (Read 401 times)

Offline geoffyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 silver TrophySE
  • City / Town: Moreton, Wirral
First solo trip - Ireland
« on: May 25, 2019, 08:31:50 AM »
Hi folks, I've been wanting to do a solo trip "abroad" for sometime and Ireland seemed the perfect destination to dip my toes, so to speak. So when a decent weather window opened up recently I booked everything last minute and nervously set off. Here's a short video of my mini adventure.

Hope it gives some ideas to anyone planning a similar trip.  :002:
Life isn't a dress rehearsal so enjoy it.

Offline leathers999

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Andover
Re: First solo trip - Ireland
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:39:07 AM »
Brilliant! Glad you enjoyed it . Off to "do" the WAW with some friends next Saturday and can't wait, also the bonus of watching Liverpool in the European Final in an Irish pub drinking Guinness!!!

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
Sitting in ANY pub drinking Guinness is a benefit! :821:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »
Thanks for the great video - you definitely inspired me to explore the West coast next year (I've done Ring of Kerry some years ago, and been to the NW200 since, but as you rightly point out, there are many more beautiful areas to enjoy!)
cecilt

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:58:15 AM »
geoffyboy. Thanks for putting up your great video of your "bimble" round Ireland. Love the empty roads, the courteous drivers who pull over for you, and who doesn't like footpath bike parking [same as we have here in Melbourne, Victoria's capitol city]. Nearly forgot to mention the "not too bad" views. All in all a great trip. Bet you can't wait to get back over there. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
Did a similar trip along almost the same route a few years ago. Did you visit the site of the first atlantic undersea cable on Valentia Island? You also had good weather which is always a bonus!
Off there again in august with friends for an anti clockwise coastal ride then up for the Ulster GP. Looking forward to it. A lovely country with great people
Thanks for posting the video

Offline geoffyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 silver TrophySE
  • City / Town: Moreton, Wirral
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
Thanks leathers999 you will love it & I hope the weather is as kind as it was to me. Tranmere won promotion yesterday & it will be fab to watch & celebrate a Liverpool victory with a few Pints of the black stuff. Trophied just as I was advised the Guinness tasted better in Ireland - don't know why? Thanks cecilt having been before you know how good the riding is over there & fairly easy to travel to from your beautiful Edinburgh. HACKLE yes they are more relaxed about where you park your pride & joy in Ireland which made a refreshing change. Also locals out in the countryside wave as you pass by & a shop assistant actually came out with a bottle of glass cleaner when she saw me faffing around trying to clean my visor - how kind is that? I spent a four nights in your superb city a few years ago and loved the emphasis on outdoor healthy living - oh and I also remember lot's of empty roads & amazing views in Australia too! 1675 - the B&B owner explained the very interesting cable story to me but said the station was closed at the moment. I was mostly guided by seeing other peoples motovlogs so I guess it's a popular route, though no one else used the Liverpool to Belfast ferry, which I thought was ideal for anyone living in northern England. You too have a great trip.  :821:
Life isn't a dress rehearsal so enjoy it.