Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Acceleration  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Broom

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
Acceleration
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:33:37 AM »
The journalists reviews always rave about the BMW K1600 engine. They're fast, I rode one. Today, I got my traction control on my Trophy to intervene. I tried to accelerate quickly from a stop when this happened. Any way, the Trophy has more than enough acceleration for anything I will do with it. My friend and I swapped bikes for a while (his is a Yamaha FJR1300), and he liked the smoothness of the Trophy. He is an instructor for motorcycle track riding.

Acceleration was one of my concerns when choosing the Trophy. I like to ride at a spirited pace through the mountains of West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina. I am no longer concerned. It has more then you can use. Roll on the throttle getting out of a curve and take a peek at your speedometer. I doesn't feel like you're going that fast. This bike handles so well, it makes a mediocre rider look like an all star.

Offline GPL95928

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:29:42 AM »
I love when fellow TSE riders talk like this, I may need a cold shower. :152:

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by GPL95928 [+]
I love when fellow TSE riders talk like this, I may need a cold shower. :152:

Or at leased a good rub down with a decent bike mag  :745: :745: :745:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
Unfortunately, even though I've only ever been disappointed every time I've ridden a BMW, I'd quite like to try a K1600. A 6 cylinder bike is a rare thing indeed and the last time I rode one was a Z1300 on open pipes in 1984! That only leaves the CBX to try to complete the set...

(Obviously, for reasons of good taste and to save upsetting those with sensitive stomachs, I shall be excluding the ***d **ng from this 6 cylinder hall of fame  :164:)

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
The K 1600 when I test rode it was such a barge! Good engine that did accelerate reasonably well, but it didn't feel as fast as the Trophy! The gearbox was dreadful too, very clunky!

Handling was awful too!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »
Thanks, you've pretty much confirmed my worst fears for the K1600 and saved me from wasting an hour riding one, when I could be out on the Triumph instead!