Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Rear Hugger  (Read 714 times)

Online earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Hugger
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 09:55:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Philpat [+]
My Powerbronze Rear Hugger disappeared out of the back wheel out riding leaving just the bracket arm intact.
I am therefore reluctant to fit another Powerbronze and the only other I can see is a Puig Hugger for the Explorer/Tiger, has anyone fitted this?It has the same shaft drive so should fit.

I've never even heard of Puig to be honest, I'm only going by what I can see picture wise on the Explorer but their design certainly looks like a step in the right direction, the aluminum piece that contains the two fixing holes looks like it's been formed from one, no welds that I can see??

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Pro
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisconsin N. Woods
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 01:41:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul [+]
I didn't even know a hugger was made for the Trophy. Started looking around and it seems there have been documented issues with the PB hugger:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php?topic=5789.16

I installed a hugger on my Sprint, but mostly because I heavily modified the rear fender (and it also gave it a sportier look). What's the purpose of installing one on the Trophy, extra protection for the shock?

Yes indeed.
I had a new rear shock replaced under warranty this Spring, and now that my Trophy is dis-assembled for the 10,000 mile Service, I can see how much dirt has already been flung onto it from the rear tire. I plan to look around the garage for something suitable to protect it on the next inclement day. Meanwhile, the GS is beckoning...  :150:

Offline baz1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp [+]
. Meanwhile, the GS is beckoning...  :150:
Sold my GSA to buy the Triumph. The wind noise from the screen was awful. I tried about 8 or 9 alternate screens but was never happy with it.

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Pro
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisconsin N. Woods
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 04:45:42 PM »
I actually encounter more wind noise on the Trophy with the OEM windscreen than on my GS with a California Scientific tall screen, but everyone is different.  :038:

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
The Tiger 1200 hugger doesn't fit the Trophy. I know because I (a deer) totaled my 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT and I removed the hugger before the angels came to take the Tiger away. I wanted to install on my Trophy but the bracket is shaped much differt and the bolt positions arn't even close for a 'kludge' attempt.

BTW, The original Trophy hugger frame was stamped steel and mine snapped off at ~20k miles. The Tiger frame is cast aluminum(?) and feels much sturdier (no flex) than the steel.

(Anyone need the hugger for a Tiger 1200?)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:37:00 PM by Ray_B »
Ray