Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: serious problem in france  (Read 3614 times)

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
serious problem in france
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »
OK got your attention.  Just back from 2500 miles round france and everything went well apart from one serious problem.  One day just after setting off their was a lot of bike to bike chatter and pillion talking at the same time. ( I have a sr10 adapter to get conect the bike to bike into bleutooth sysytem ) When it stopped the music did not come back on my smh5 headset the pillion was fine. I had to turn the headset off and back on.  All worked fine then.  This only happened once.  Apart from that nothing else went wrong  :001:

It was so hot I dropped the screen whenever in a village and raised it again a bit when outside and it never once did not work.  Mine is a launch model so possibly more care was taken by still pleasing. 

On a more serious note I did lose the lhs small infill panel on the m1 in th UK.  I think my waterproofs got caught behind it and the wind caught the leg and it pulled the panel off.  I have ordered another one that should be here tomorrow.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: serious problem in france
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:05:58 PM »
Well John I'm glad your trip went well despite your devious way of getting fools like me to read it  :008:

2500 miles is a decent trip how long was you out there for ?

Roger

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:07:09 PM »
Oh my God, that must have been awful for you! LOL
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
i am glad you both enjoyed your trip John. Pics?
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »
We spent 3 days getting down  a week near Carcassonne and 3 days coming back via la Rochelle.  I do have pics but haven't got them off the camera yet that is a task for this weekend.

I am pleased the sr10 worked well as that trip was the first time I had tried it out.  I think I might investigate using a real intercom again but actually the Bluetooth worked great and it was good that the pillion could get off without snagging the wires like normal.

The new infill panel came today so I will get that back on.  I do have a scratch on the screen (France seemed to take that week to throw gravel down on the roads) and will look for possible ways to polish it out.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:00:59 AM »
Should have said there was a blackbird k1200 and vfr in the group.  When we filled up (of course every about 140 miles) I has always used less fuel by a about a couple of Euros or more than anyone else.  That was good especially taking into account I was 2 up with 2 people's luggage they weren't.  Of course I always had about 180 miles of fuel left in the tank when they started panicing.  (I thin the k1200 could have gone further but the vfr and blackbird were always nearly running out.

Offline Paulvt1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200
  • City / Town: Wolverhampton
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:57:53 PM »
That's one thing i have got used to. I had an RT many moons back and i used to love having a massive amount of fuel in reserve. Very relaxing when you can just concentrate on the ride and not have to worry about where the next petrol station is.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
I led a couple of the days and had to think about petrol stops she out in the country especially in some places where there were not many petrol stations whereas I could have gone nearly every day without having to stop.  The 500 plus kilometer days would be close.  On the other hand stretching legs and getting a drink every 100 plus miles was good.  But putting in less fuel every stop was also good.  I mostly filled it up on the side stand as I had no range siiues but even when I put it on its centre stand I still filled up with less fuel even after a side stand this fill. 

I found I could just stand on the centre stand arm and it would just go up onto its stand.  No leaning back and pulling on hand grips even fully loaded.