Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: How noisy is your engine  (Read 1392 times)

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
Re: How noisy is your engine
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 03:18:11 AM »
Agree with teef.au. Four started the recent Iron Butt Rally and four finished, one with the highest mileage, over 13 thousand over 11 days. A lot of other brands failed. I'm more than happy with my 2016, last, model.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 09:02:41 PM »
You guys must come from the magical land of quiet motors or something...my Trophy doesn't even make the list of Top 5 noisiest motors I've ever had. Hell, it isn't even the first or second loudest Triumph motor I've ever had (my Daytona 1200 and my Sprint 1050 were considerably louder mechanically).

The clutch noise you're hearing is very typical of zillions of motorcycle motors. My Trophy has done this since it was new. Don't seat it unless it progressively changes.

Offline Maxime

• Trophy Member
  • trophy 1200se
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy1200se
  • City / Town: Oostende
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 06:30:59 PM »
Perhaps a bit late.

The noise of the ttse is nothing compared to the noise  from the driveline and gearbox of the bmw r1200rt.
That really drove me nuts  :007:.

Greetings

Offline GavJ

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1215
  • City / Town: Strathaven
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 09:15:46 PM »
I spent the first couple of months thinking "this is gonna blow" used to it now, my tiger was noisy too and I bought that brand new... the clutch... definitely rattles a bunch when released in neutral. Ear plugs and speakers in my helmet.... what noise  :745:

tweedy-bunch