Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Reasonable & effective replacement antenna mast  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
Re: Reasonable & effective replacement antenna mast
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
If the antenna hasn't broken off and still works, it can be 'splinted' with a few layers of shrink-wrap at the base. I know it works because I did same to previous TTSE and it held up for more than a year before selling bike.
I used thin pieces to build up the thin post and used larger pieces to 'connect' the base to the post.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 04:00:29 PM by Ray_B »
Ray

Offline Blacktruck

• Trophy Member
  • Out for a ride
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Texarkana Texas
Re: Reasonable & effective replacement antenna mast
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 11:48:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ray_B [+]
If the antenna hasn't broken off and still works, it can be 'splinted' with a few layers of shrink-wrap at the base. I know it works because I did same to previous TTSE and it held up for more than a year before selling bike.
I used thin pieces to build up the thin post and used larger pieces to 'connect' the base to the post.
I managed to catch it before it broke off and left the bike like the first one. I will give that a try. It does seem to be the antenna does not go far into the threaded base. Seems like poor engineering but I am sure with all of the technology in the rest of the bike, the antenna was not a high priority.

tweedy-bunch