Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Armed Forced Ride to The National Memorial Arboretum  (Read 223 times)

Online Wilko

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
Armed Forced Ride to The National Memorial Arboretum
« on: June 29, 2019, 09:02:11 PM »
Evening, if any of our members, more the Uk ones of heard of The Ride to the wall, or RTTW, then you will know about this place,  The National Memorial Arboretum, in brief, it's about remembering the fallen from various conflicts and regiments from around the world, each year a charity ride takes place with bikers, or motorcyclists  :038: gather in various places around the country, and indeed Europe and converge to Burton upon Trent to pay their respects, and believe me, just to see the bikes is moving in it's self, I stand to be corrected, but there was in excess of 5000 bikes, riders and pillions.
So, last year we managed to raise just over one hundred and fifty-one thousand pounds, bringing the total to, since the start back in 2008, 50 thousand pounds short of one million pounds.
A cheque was presented today, on Armed Forces Day to the centre, today was a beautiful day weather wise, with again several thousand people there, and the weird thing about it, when the army bands stopped playing, it was so peaceful, yes you could hear people, but it was also calm, anyway, I'm posting a photo of me and my bike arriving at the Arboretum, along with 300 others from a meeting point, and riding around and through the Arboretum to many people applauding us, it was a good feeling. If you have never been here, I urge you to go, it's a beautiful and moving place.....Google it, or look for RTTW on facebook.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 09:04:02 PM by Wilko »
Paul Wilko

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Armed Forced Ride to The National Memorial Arboretum
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 10:01:37 PM »
I couldn't make it this Year as I was working, but have attended several previously,
and highly recommend the event - we were treated to a Spitfire flypast at one of them !

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

tweedy-bunch